Why does the Rough Country 1.5 lift kit not fit the Badlands or First Edition but other kits will?

DakotaBronco

First Edition
First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge Sport
What will happen if the Rough Country 1.5 lift kit is added to a Badlands or First Edition? I can't find answers to this and the Rough Country website says it fits the 2021 Bronco Sport. Only if one looks in the "notes" will you find them saying it won't fit. Please help me understand and thank you.
Sponsored

Jrl

First Edition
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln and escape and first edition cactus gray
What will happen if the Rough Country 1.5 lift kit is added to a Badlands or First Edition? I can't find answers to this and the Rough Country website says it fits the 2021 Bronco Sport. Only if one looks in the "notes" will you find them saying it won't fit. Please help me understand and thank you.
Suspension is different in the badlands and first edition models .

Ford Bronco Sport Why does the Rough Country 1.5 lift kit not fit the Badlands or First Edition but other kits will? DA5E51A9-E020-4FD7-8C8F-A3D3BC140172

RSH

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Ford Ranger Lifts and HRG Engineering offer lifts for the Badlands and FE BS models.
As for Rough Country, I can't answer why their lift wouldn't work, considering it's also a spacer based lift. Maybe it has to do with the swaybar drop links and mounting brackets they have in the kit, you would need to look at the struts too see if they are the same as the other BS models in regards to where the drop bracket would mount. The Badlands and FE have different suspension than the other BS models.

RonSwanson

First Edition
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Fiesta ST, 2020 Edge ST, 2021 Bronco Sport First Edition
Badlands and First Edition already have a 1" lift relative to the other trims from the factory.

OP
OP
DakotaBronco

DakotaBronco

First Edition
First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge Sport
Thanks but the answer is more than that. The answer that I learned from Rough Country today in a phone call basically is that those lift kits aren't designed for off-roading. The kits would work for daily driving on both the Badlands and First Edition but will break if you off-road, which is what I got the First Edition for.

RSH

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Interesting Rough Country would say "break". Some people on this board that have installed the Rough Country lift have had breakage issues.

AndyMac204

Base
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Base / 1988 Dodge Power Ram w150
theres been alot of issues with the RC lift. also that note of ‘not meant for offroading’ makes me more concerned. best bet is to steer clear from it all together.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
Seems pretty silly to sell a lift kit that isn't meant to be used offroad.
It does until you realize that many folks install lift kits (and bigger tires) just for the looks.

AllTerrain

Badlands
First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
HRG has been the only kit to date, actually shown on youtube offroading, in some pretty severe situations.
that was enough for me to pull the trigger.
Like that the creator of the hardware is out showing it work.
Decided to support HRG and purchase this hat.
Called and Ben actually answered the phone. Very nice professional phone call and Patch me through to somebody to help ship. Happened to be his daughter.
Family business!
Absolutely fantastic that we can call and speak to the person who make and use the parts that will be put on the vehicle we own. Outstanding!
Ford Bronco Sport Why does the Rough Country 1.5 lift kit not fit the Badlands or First Edition but other kits will? Screenshot_20220128-073429_Gallery

In the past when I lifted my first Tacoma after doing my research I also used a suspension lift manufacturer that I was able to speak directly with the Creator who same thing created the parts install them themselves and went out and drove them in real-world conditions off-roading too. Best thing really help me with my knowledge about Tacomas.
Glad to have found HRG connection for the Bronco sport!

Last edited:

AndyMac204

Base
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Base / 1988 Dodge Power Ram w150
Like that the creator of the hardware is out showing it work.
Decided to support HRG and purchase this hat.
Called and Ben actually answered the phone. Very nice professional phone call and Patch me through to somebody to help ship. Happened to be his daughter.
Family budiness!
Absolutely fantastic that we can call and speak to the person who make and use the parts that will be put on the vehicle we own. Outstanding!
Ford Bronco Sport Why does the Rough Country 1.5 lift kit not fit the Badlands or First Edition but other kits will? Screenshot_20220128-073429_Gallery

In the past when I lifted my first Tacoma after doing my research I also used a suspension lift manufacturer that I was able to speak directly with the Creator who same thing created the parts install them themselves and went out and drove them in real-world conditions off-roading too. Best thing really help me with my knowledge about Tacomas.
Glad to have found HRG connection for the Bronco sport!
thats a sick hat! i wish i ordered a couple.

B-rock1975

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport badlands
It does until you realize that many folks install lift kits (and bigger tires) just for the looks.
Exactly. Maybe 5~10% pepe with lifts actually do some off road. The other 90, mall crawlers
Sponsored