Why does the Rough Country 1.5 lift kit not fit the Badlands or First Edition but other kits will?

OP
OP
DakotaBronco

DakotaBronco

First Edition
First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge Sport
theres been alot of issues with the RC lift. also that note of ‘not meant for offroading’ makes me more concerned. best bet is to steer clear from it all together.
Thank you. That "note" on Rough Country's website should be more prominently placed. Actually they should have you enter the trim level and have it alert First Edition and Badlands owners of the warning.

cklapka

Badlands
First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Sport Badlands Hot Pepper Red

AllTerrain

Badlands
First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Actually, RTR sells one too,
Not an endorsement of RTR(I have ordered HRG's kit), just informational.
Nice!
Look forward to update posts on how the HRG lift turns out!

Care to share any reasonings HRG vs. rtr or the others? in your decision

AndyMac204

Base
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Base / 1988 Dodge Power Ram w150
Actually, RTR sells one too, and also there are videos of them being used in Moab.

https://www.rtrvehicles.com/collections/bronco-sport-2021/products/rtr-billet-lift-kit-21-bronco-sport

Not an endorsement of RTR(I have ordered HRG's kit), just informational.
yeah i saw the RTR kit not too long ago. and also watched this vid, these sports are quite capable. can't wait for my lift, and i have a friend fabricating skid plates at the end of the month (still cold here lol).

AndyMac204

Base
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Base / 1988 Dodge Power Ram w150
Nice!

i chose HRG because a) no strut rattle & b) real world offroad testing (see their youtube vids). i actually just got notice my kit has cleared customs this morning wooot!!!

cklapka

Badlands
First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Sport Badlands Hot Pepper Red
Nice!

I am a big fan of HRG since my days as a lifted Honda Element user**. That is where they cut their teeth after all. :) After seeing they had a kit for the sport(and the fantastic videos) I had to go with them.

**My honda lift was not an HRG(it was a CCM). But, having communicated with adopters of HRG lifts in the community, there was nothing but glowing praise.

DISCOLEG

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
yeah i saw the RTR kit not too long ago. and also watched this vid, these sports are quite capable. can't wait for my lift, and i have a friend fabricating skid plates at the end of the month (still cold here lol).
I'm not sure about using different metal for a lift kit...expending at different rates, I probably just overthinking.

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport Outerbanks
I'm going through the same issue with the Rough Country lift. It'd that drop bracket they install with the cheap links. I got in touch with HRG Engineering for there sway bar links and they fit the rough country lift no problem and they were way better to deal with. Also they actually have a full video of there lift in action, pretty sick video.

dakman

Big Bend
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Got this yesterday, may start installing tonight. Very pleasant to work with HRG and shipping was quick.

Ford Bronco Sport Why does the Rough Country 1.5 lift kit not fit the Badlands or First Edition but other kits will? PXL_20220323_003002580

SWUKU

First Edition
First Name
GB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Thanks but the answer is more than that. The answer that I learned from Rough Country today in a phone call basically is that those lift kits aren't designed for off-roading. The kits would work for daily driving on both the Badlands and First Edition but will break if you off-road, which is what I got the First Edition for.
The Bronco OffRoadeo is only included with purchase of BS BL & BS FE (and the Big Broncos). Once there, we only drove their BS BL & FE and pushed them through situations I never thought possible.
Hard to imagine they're only designed for daily driving.
Especially when they're put to the test daily.
Also, the Rebelle Rally winner was a BS BL (though IDK if they make any mods).

Ford Bronco Sport Why does the Rough Country 1.5 lift kit not fit the Badlands or First Edition but other kits will? 20210904_093204

Ford Bronco Sport Why does the Rough Country 1.5 lift kit not fit the Badlands or First Edition but other kits will? 20210902_191207

CallMeBill

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Carbonized Grey Badlands
any updates from those who have installed either the HRG or RTR kits? Curious as to how they are holding up and if they have been put thru the paces by you? Hoping for more real life examples before I pull the trigger on one of the kits. Thanks in advance.

Adam06

Big Bend
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport big bend
any updates from those who have installed either the HRG or RTR kits? Curious as to how they are holding up and if they have been put thru the paces by you? Hoping for more real life examples before I pull the trigger on one of the kits. Thanks in advance.
Have had mine installed for about 3 months, and absolutely happy with it. No clunking, I followed my brother on his sons deer hunt. He has a doge 2500 4wd. He had trouble in some areas of mud and ruts where I had no problem, the 1.5” gives a little bit more clearance then before. We had went scouting months before, in same area before the lift, and had hit a few rocks( nothing that bad). After lift still hit a few but not like before.
Sponsored