Jrl

First Edition
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln and escape and first edition cactus gray
I was going to order a Bronco Sport Badlands... then I saw this fully loaded one at a dealership 5 miles from my home.

What are the odds?

It was the perfect color too... gray just like the PNW clouds.

Couldn't say no. When it had every option I would have chosen via the build website I saw no point in playing the waiting game.

I grew up with a Bronco II and really like how the Bronco Sport doesn't look like every other SUV currently on the road. Ford nailed it.
Great choice, enjoy .

Ford Bronco Sport Why did you order a Bronco Sport? 1D7EA8AA-90B8-45EA-9A50-173D062111CB
Sponsored

ohiooutdoors

Outer Banks
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
We ordered mine because at the time my lease was up on my normal car and we needed a car. Originally we went in to order a full size but we couldnt get a hard top and if you lived in the snow belt of Ohio you would understand why that is a big deal. Plus the orders were extremely backed up.

Went to order a badlands and orders were shut off for it at the time so we went with an OB.

Now we have a full size wildtrak on order in Hot Pepper red. Thatll be her fun car while she drives her GLI and the bronco sport will be my daily drive especially when my fun car (rs3) is ordered.

Crystal McClain

Outer Banks
First Name
Crystal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
I know we are all frustrated with part shortages, build delays, and/or slow deliveries. But, let's take a deep breath....

Why did you order a Bronco Sport? We must all have POSITIVE reasons for doing so. Let's share them.

For me, I remember the original Bronco from my childhood. While I don't go off-roading, I really thought it would cool to be part of the Bronco rebirth and the Sport version fit my needs.
Shopping on the lot, I really liked the design exterior and interior.

TheDeadlySpaceman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS
My previous car (2000 Jeep Cherokee, bought new) was finally dying. I settled on the full-sized Bronco before becoming aware of how impossible it was to actually get (I didn’t have 1.5-2 years to wait for a 2-door with a hard top).

I Initially rejected the BS as a “consolation prize” because a number of dealers pointed me to it when they told me they couldn’t get me a full-size. I looked around at almost every other similar AWD vehicle in roughly the same price range, test drove a few, and slowly came around on the BS.

At this point I am convinced that the BS was always the right fit for me. I’m not an aggressive off-roader- I’m a drone pilot and I wanted a vehicle that can take me to cool places to shoot/places some other pilots maybe can’t easily access, and to function as a mobile base of operations. The Cargo Management System and the entire way the cargo area is set up (lights, etc) make the BS perfect. I entered the new car search saying that I wanted a vehicle that was more or less the same as my Cherokee in form factor/abilities and the BS fits that bill perfectly.

Sometimes, when I see a full-size Bronco I feel a small twinge of jealousy. And then I remind myself I never even test-drove one, so it never passed the final test for me- road noise. Before the Cherokee I owned a soft-top Wrangler and you couldn’t listen to music or even really hold a normal conversation on the highway. The main reason I went to the Cherokee was because I was already too old for that nonsense…. 22 years ago.

Hot Rod Mike

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator , Wrangler , Bronco
bought a Bronco Sport because I already have a big 4x4 and did not want a big full sized Bronco Turd. I love this Big Bend i laughted ass off the other day when a big Bronco Mall crawler trying to find a big enough parking place to park his $65K turd that will only see the Mall Parking lot. I laugh all the way to the bank. Lol lol lol

67L48

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350, 2023 BS BL
We just ordered a BS BL and we did so because we wanted crossover utility vehicle that was capable on poorly maintained gravel roads, mud, snow, and similar driving conditions. AWD or 4WD, A/T tires, and a decent stance.

There are few things we really didn't like about the BS:
  • It's probably the most expensive car in this segment (excluding luxury brands like BMW, Lexus, etc.)
  • Lacks cooled front seats
  • Lacks rear heated seats
  • Lacks power liftgate ... and it's a heavy liftgate
  • Lacks soft interior trim ... pretty cheap plastics for such an expensive car
  • Lacks any innovative features found on a few of the other cars, such as HUD. There's just nothing inspired about the feature-set here; nothing new, nothing innovative.
What we liked:
  • Color options. Was easy to find a great color we liked.
  • Legit A/T tires and an off-road monster. We're not taking it to Moab, but we live in a rural area and want greater capability. Getting actual A/T tires on a car from the factory is just about an impossibility in this segment. Everyone seems to use 18 or 20" wheels with thin little A/S tires. Ugh.
  • Styling. I get that these are crossover, but most of the manufacturers still can't figure out if they're trying to build a car or a SUV ... and most are cars (e.g., Chevy Traverse). The BL has a great stance -- the BL with A/T tires has a much better stance than anything else in the segment (including the lower trims of the BS).
  • Interior seating and comfort. It was the most comfortable vehicle we drove and we loved the brown leather interior. Also liked that it didn't try to cram a useless third row in a small vehicle.
  • Support. Whether it's the myriad dealerships everywhere, DIY communities on YouTube, or FORScan, the platform is well supported and maintainable. I do a lot of my own work and Fords are just nice, common vehicles to work on.
  • Power. The 2.0L was peppy. The drive-by-wire system Ford uses is still massively uninspiring and it's not difficult to find some dead-pedal. But, in spite of this, it was a good engine.
Because of the cons (mainly a lack of what I'd consider common features), we took our time. It wasn't a slam dunk. But nothing else was better than the BS BL.

• Chrysler products need not apply. I've had poor experiences with them. No intention of starting a brand-war here. I'm sure they're fine products; they just haven't worked out for me.
  • Mazda was as expensive in the CX-50 trim, but less capable and comes with A/S tires (so, add $1,000 to the price). I have driven Mazdas and always hated them. Admittedly, I didn't test drive this one. Good feature set, though. This is the one "probably should have looked closer" car on the list.
  • Toyota RAV4 TRD. A/T tires not optional -- comes with some Toyota-specific Falkens that get horrid reviews. So, again, already an expensive car that I'd have to add another grand on top of. I liked the styling of this the best, but it has a crappier engine, poorer ratings, less offroad capability, and is still expensive. Basically, it's a lesser vehicle in just about every measurable way. So, we took a pass here. Great looking cars, though.
  • Chevy Traverse. Here begins another trend: red, black, white, or grey/silver. Uninspiring engine, poor AWD system, and dated styling (both interior and exterior). Definitely more of a car. Superior feature set (rear heated seats, power liftgate, etc.) and several thousand less than the BS ... but it's just not the vehicle we need, and no color options.
  • GMC Acadia. A bit expensive and red, black, white, or grey/silver. Took a pass.
  • Mitsubishi Overlander. Red, black, white, or grey/silver. We live in rural area and the nearest Mitsubishi dealership is 1.5 hours away ... and they weren't real excited about the brand. They are a high-volume Nissan dealership and were much more interested in putting us into one of those. Nicest car I've been in and the hands-down winner for value. But, A/S tires that would have had to be replaced, no color options, and lack of dealer support.
  • Nissan -- just way too ugly for us. No interest in that line of vehicles.
  • Subaru Crosstrek. We have a 2015 Subaru Legacy (sedan version of Outback). Great car. The 2024 Crosstrek was just released and it's just missing too many features. For example, the heated steering wheel that's been available in Canada for years is still absent in the US. No Wilderness trim. And, so on. I really wanted to like the Crosstrek, but they just missed badly on this one for what I was waiting for. The car they launched for 2024 looked to my eyes like a car a decade behind the others in terms of features; it had fewer features and a virtually identical infotainment OS than our current 2015 Subaru. It just looks like they've really not done anything to advance the feature set in a decade. Too bad, because I really wanted another Subaru.
We didn't look at everything, but I was pretty amazed at how every entry had some serious limitations. Nothing in the segment was a slam dunk.

Last edited:

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
  • It's probably the most expensive car in this segment (excluding luxury brands like BMW, Lexus, etc.)
  • But nothing else was better than the BS BL.
I narrowed down the important parts for you. :like:

jmtapiar

Badlands
First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 BS Badlands, 19 QX60, 19 Jetta Rline 19 Swift t
I know we are all frustrated with part shortages, build delays, and/or slow deliveries. But, let's take a deep breath....

Why did you order a Bronco Sport? We must all have POSITIVE reasons for doing so. Let's share them.

For me, I remember the original Bronco from my childhood. While I don't go off-roading, I really thought it would cool to be part of the Bronco rebirth and the Sport version fit my needs.
It was the vehicle available in the shorter term, I wanted a VW Cross Sport, a KIA Sorento 2.5L turbo or the BS Badlands and the bronco was the faster one to be delivered... order in Feb 20th, delivered in March 8th, very little wait.

TCBSport

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport, 2012 Land Rover LR4 5.0L
I ordered my BSport Badlands after a lot of thought and consideration about ordering a 6G Bronco. MSRP for either one wasn't an issue but ADM definitely was - not because of unaffordability because of the principle of the deal and greedy dealers. So I waited until the BSport Badlands was offered at MSRP and I ordered it. The other reason, however, has turned out to be the main reason in hindsight. Our 2012 Land Rover LR4 has the Ford derived V8 and I made the call to have a preventive maintenance timing chain/guide/tensioner replacement job (don't ask me how much this cost, just say OUCH) performed at the 100K mark just recently. We bought the vehicle new and it has truly been the most reliable vehicle we have owned. It tows 8,000 lbs with the auto leveling suspension and wow the 5.0L V8 has incredible pull. It can off road with the best and pulls a double axle trailer easily. The quality of the ride and interior is first class. I have owned several Land Rovers since Ford purchased them a few years back (but now Land Rover is owned by Tata Motors) and when it does come time to part with the LR4 it will then either be a Defender or a 6G Bronco so who knows one day I might have two Broncos! Anyway for now I feel incredibly lucky to have both vehicles - the gas slurping LR4 and the gas sipping BSport - that can satisfy any condition I could ever come up with to throw at them.

Reactions: Jrl

RobCo

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Honda, 1976 Ford Bronco
I didn't order one yet, but I am considering the sport badlands.

KidWiff

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport Heritage
I bought my BS, in Heritage trim, right off the lot - the reason was because I liked the look of it as well as the touch or retro look and came standard with a hitch (i have a couple of small boats that i need to tow just a few miles per year). I needed AWD and the BS is the right size for my needs which are daily commuting, and occasional road trips with my wife (the kids are grown and on their own). While the jury is still out on the 3-banger, I'm hoping for the best. I don't drive my vehicles all that hard so, we'll see how it does. Fingers crossed.

Honestly, not many other vehicles out there really had me interested. While i like the full size Bronco, it's way more than i need and it's more $ than i want to spend for a vehicle for myself. It doesn't hurt that my wife loves the Heritage trim. My only wish - a manual transmission. I'm a shift for myself sort of guy and this is my first daily driver in decades that does the job for me.

Now, I've got to look into a vehicle for my wife.... replacing an '07 Tahoe with (currently) 311k miles on it. Sill runs great and looks better than average so we'll probably just run it until it doesn't run any longer. THAT is going to be hard to replace. Who knows, may just end up with 2 Bronco Sports. If that's the case, I'd seriously look at the 4 cyl. for hers... we'll see.
Sponsored