White Big Bend model has almost invisible BRONCO SPORT logo on rear hatch door. A can of Matte Black Plasti Dip really dresses it up nicely.

Remotecellphone

Big Bend
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Altima Coupe
Looks really good! I have a white BB as well. I've never used Plasti Dip...does it come off easy? Would it scratch off when washing the car?

Huntyeraws

Big Bend
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford BS BB

a33maxi

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport - sold
Looks really good! I have a white BB as well. I've never used Plasti Dip...does it come off easy? Would it scratch off when washing the car?
It comes off somewhat easily if you apply a thick coat. With thin coats, it tends to flake off in tiny pieces instead of peeling, especially if it has been applied for a long time.

It doesn't scratch easily, but it can become a dirt magnet after a while. Also, be careful not to get any wax on it.

fourthgear

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport ,MB Sprinter 4x4
I don't understand why they didn't go to contrasting black letters on white BS. SMH
It only makes sense if you are saving $$ & only make one color . It also might be that since this is the first year , it's all an experiment to see what owners want & may change it later , ya know someone from Ford is probably watching these Forums for clues , at least I hope so .

OP
OP

Tmbrowning

Big Bend
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Thanks!
My suggestion is to view a YouTube video - “how to paint emblem logo on car” by Engage Tutorial. I followed his technique and it was easy. Don’t know about it coming off of logo yet. Time will tell.

Zooke

Big Bend
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Just tried to apply this to my Area 51 BB today but ran out of time and over-applied first coat. So will have to peel off and redo.

I'd suggest for those who are trying it to do multiple, LIGHT layers or it will get too heavy and run/drip. Might seem like an obvious thing, but it can be easy to overapply.

When it is done though, it looks VERY cool.

fourthgear

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport ,MB Sprinter 4x4
Just tried to apply this to my Area 51 BB today but ran out of time and over-applied first coat. So will have to peel off and redo.

I'd suggest for those who are trying it to do multiple, LIGHT layers or it will get too heavy and run/drip. Might seem like an obvious thing, but it can be easy to overapply.

When it is done though, it looks VERY cool.
Are you also making them Black in color ?

Zooke

Big Bend
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Are you also making them Black in color ?
Yeah. I think it looks really great from afar, even messed up. So I'm assuming once I do it right it will look fantastic from close range.

Reactions: Jrl

tRex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
QUESTION...WHY does the plasti-dip adhere to the the "chrome" letters but NOT the body paint? The method appears to be, paint over it all, dry, and peel away, only the letters will remain? Is it easy to rip the 'dip' off of the letters at the same time accidentally?

a33maxi

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport - sold
QUESTION...WHY does the plasti-dip adhere to the the "chrome" letters but NOT the body paint? The method appears to be, paint over it all, dry, and peel away, only the letters will remain? Is it easy to rip the 'dip' off of the letters at the same time accidentally?
It adheres to both. When you start peeling at the body, it should tear at the edges of the letters. Plastidip was originally designed to recoat the handles of tools, so it tears easily on sharp edges.

jhbass

First Edition
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I think I'm going to give white a try on cyber orange and I'm giving some thought to a white vinyl wrap for the roof and rear pillars just to break the color scheme up a bit. I'll try a side w/some of the roof line w/white vinyl tape first to see how it looks.