Whirring Electric Motor Sound (Brakes?)on Start-Up Bronco Sport Badlands 2.0 Liter Engine

tsilveira

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport 2021
Hello. Can anyone provide an opinion on what that whirring sound is that I hear seemingly coming from the rear brakes (or rear of car) when I depress the start button to start the ignition? The sound lasts at most for 3 to 4 seconds. I "suspect" that it has something to do with the braking system that kicks in, or releases on start-up. I don't know whether it is a new noise or one that I am aware of now that the weather is warm and my windows are open on start-up. Thank you for your input.

Sponsored

BroncoMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'71 Bronco, '02 Excursion, '22 BS
My guess would be the fuel pump, I haven't noticed it on mine. I'll listen for the sound you describe next time I start it. This thing makes so many clicks, whirrs, beeps, and boops, you'd never know if something was wrong.

OP
OP

tsilveira

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport 2021
I have a video, seven seconds long with the sound but I am unable to upload it because apparantly the file is too large.

OP
OP

tsilveira

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport 2021

OP
OP

tsilveira

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport 2021
There is the sound I was talking about.

BronzeSmokeBadlands

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Hmm mine makes this noise too...I've always thought maybe its an exhaust sound...meaning exhaust is first going through the pipes at start-up....just a guess. would like to know what it is though out of curiosity.

OP
OP

tsilveira

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport 2021
I was at my local Ford dealer this morning trying to ascertain what the source of this noise on startup is. Of course, as expected the mechanic said that it was a normal noise that all Bronco Sports make on startup. Standard dealership answer. But I have noticed that if I start my car remotely that noise does not happen. It does happen however when I get in the car, depress the brake and push the start button.

BronzeSmokeBadlands

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
I was at my local Ford dealer this morning trying to ascertain what the source of this noise on startup is. Of course, as expected the mechanic said that it was a normal noise that all Bronco Sports make on startup. Standard dealership answer. But I have noticed that if I start my car remotely that noise does not happen. It does happen however when I get in the car, depress the brake and push the start button.
Yep, good point mine does this as well after remote start......

OP
OP

tsilveira

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport 2021
That is why I still suspect that the noise must be the mechanism releasing the electronic parking brake.
Sponsored