Which car is available for Wireless Carplay now?

contato

Base
First Name
contato
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Few cars that support wireless Apple CarPlay as of 2022. Several 2019 and newer Audis, BMW 5 and 3 Series 2017 and newer; and Mercedes A-Class 2018 and newer are a few of those special vehicles. Wireless CarPlay was a new feature in iOS 9 that combined Bluetooth and Wi-Fi signals to connect your iPhone to your vehicle. It is said that Fords will include wireless CarPlay. But it will still be far from a universal feature in vehicles.

So, I am wondering which model include wireless carplay now? Any advice?
Sponsored

Warpious

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.floracreekplace.com
Vehicle(s)
'08 Merc Mariner, 2012 Mustang (R.I.P), 2022 BS BL
Vehicles with SYNC 4 support wireless Android Auto and Apple CarPlay.
To my knowledge the Big Bronco's and new F150/250+ support sync 4...and I'd bet the Mach E as well but I haven't looked into that one because well, its not a mustang.

OP
OP

contato

Base
First Name
contato
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
My friend has a Wireless Carplay Adapter. It is said that it does work as advertised, it has never failed to connect, or disconnect while in use. When you get in the car it begins to connect and is operational in about 15 to 20 seconds. All CarPlay Apps work, he has16 installed. A new iPhone 12 Pro connects to 5G Hi-Def music at 320 kbps...and it sounds superb.

Any successful experience would be appreciated. https://autokitcarplay.com/blogs/autokit-blogs/product-u2w-plus

TakeTheBlack

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Outer Banks, 2020 Mazda CX-9
My two cents.

Call me a skeptic. I have never had an issue with Wired Carplay and SYNC3.

I can imagine a bag of hurt. Wireless integration software is hard to do. Very hard.

Wireless Carplay working seamlessly with SYNC4 for more than 6 months is a dream.

Scenario 1: Your iPhone updates to latest iOS -- breaking "wireless Carplay" because SYNC4 version doesn't support the new iOS.

Scenario 2: SYNC4 Updates -- breaking your iPhone which is running a version of iOS that no longer works.

This is validated over in Mustang Mach-E land...
Wireless Apple CarPlay no longer connecting

But.. it is a matter of time before Apple removes the headphone jack.

Jess Wilson

Outer Banks
First Name
Jess
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
The car's built-in wireless Carplay costs more money than the regular Carplay. It’s frustrating for everyone, really. For many, many years people have been saying “Just give us the wireless carplay, and we don’t need your built-in navigation and we would rather go wireless than have wired. Back in 2018, I was looking at a Honda Civic and they were offering wireless for $600 more!

But now, you can choose wireless carplay Dongle to get Carplay wirelessly.

https://carplayaibox.com/products/carlinkit-3-0-u2w-plus-wireless-apple-carplay-adapter-for-factory-wired-carplay

watchnerd

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport Badlands
To my knowledge the Big Bronco's and new F150/250+ support sync 4...and I'd bet the Mach E as well but I haven't looked into that one because well, its not a mustang.
My BS will be placed as a 2023 model order.

I wonder if the 2023 BS might have Sync 4?
Sponsored