Where to run the harness for the Rough Country roof light bar.

drsnutz46

Big Bend
First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
So I saw a lot of questions regarding where to run the wiring harness for the Rough Country roof light bar. This is what I came up with after much consideration, first and foremost I'm not drilling holes in the roof of my brand new truck so being a retired race car fabricator this is what I came up with, once you mount the light bar bring the harness 180 degrees toward the front of the truck, then you can tuck the harness in right next to the A-Pillar trim piece and run it all the way down to the engine bay. Once in the engine bay there's an air seal where it seals off the cowl from air and weather, I simply cut the air seal down the center and tucked the harness inside all the way over to the drivers side then silicone sealed the weather seal and it drops the entire wiring harness right next to the battery, here's a picture of the finished install, if you have any questions please feel free to hit me up.
Ford Bronco Sport Where to run the harness for the Rough Country roof light bar. Resized_20211006_144541_9594
Sponsored

VirtualJMills

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
So I saw a lot of questions regarding where to run the wiring harness for the Rough Country roof light bar. This is what I came up with after much consideration, first and foremost I'm not drilling holes in the roof of my brand new truck so being a retired race car fabricator this is what I came up with, once you mount the light bar bring the harness 180 degrees toward the front of the truck, then you can tuck the harness in right next to the A-Pillar trim piece and run it all the way down to the engine bay. Once in the engine bay there's an air seal where it seals off the cowl from air and weather, I simply cut the air seal down the center and tucked the harness inside all the way over to the drivers side then silicone sealed the weather seal and it drops the entire wiring harness right next to the battery, here's a picture of the finished install, if you have any questions please feel free to hit me up.
Ford Bronco Sport Where to run the harness for the Rough Country roof light bar. Resized_20211006_144541_9594

Did you still tap-into the appropriate wiring harness locations in the driver-side A-Pillar and under-dash areas, per the Ford install sheet?

Or was that a Badlands/First-Edition only pair of harnesses?

Benanza

Outer Banks
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Did you still tap-into the appropriate wiring harness locations in the driver-side A-Pillar and under-dash areas, per the Ford install sheet?

Or was that a Badlands/First-Edition only pair of harnesses?
Wire harness for roof lights or dash cam are for BL/FE only

OP
OP

drsnutz46

Big Bend
First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
No with the Rough Country light bar you only have 3 wires to worry about, positive, negative and the switch, connected pos. and neg. to battery and mounted the relay on a box next to the battery then ran the switch through the fire wall where the main wiring harness feeds through.

John J

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I used the KC Wire Hiding Kit. It runs right along the A-Pillar and it disappears when the beveled edge is put against the window frame. No drilling and no forcing the window gasket or molding.

Ford Bronco Sport Where to run the harness for the Rough Country roof light bar. IMG_20211007_174520069

Ford Bronco Sport Where to run the harness for the Rough Country roof light bar. IMG_20211007_174514874

Ford Bronco Sport Where to run the harness for the Rough Country roof light bar. IMG_20210825_144306276
Sponsored