BroncoSportBB51

Big Bend
First Name
Chelsea
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
My Bronco came equipped with a block heater, and I don't need to use it now as it's spring, but I will in the winter, does anyone know where the plug is under the hood?
Sponsored

BroncoBoy40

First Edition
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 F-150 XLT, 97 Mustang GT, 89 Festiva
Good question.. I should be picking mine up very soon and curious where it is too!

Geelloo90042

Badlands
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport-Badlands
I am taking a guess. Have you checked around the front bumper area? Look behind a fog light or look for some type of compartment, maybe there is an extension or in the front grill area? If possible, get under car or look for the engine heater and trace the cord.

BobH

Badlands
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Miata GT 97 f150 21 BS BL
My Bronco came equipped with a block heater, and I don't need to use it now as it's spring, but I will in the winter, does anyone know where the plug is under the hood?
On the Badlands it is by the rod that holds the hood up and kind of attached to the top of the radiator shroud on the left side. there is a cable with a rubber cap on the end of it. the plug is under the rubber cap.

Martinjv71

Badlands
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 BadLands
Have you asked the dealer where you bought it? I would think they would be the most informative???....................

Bricker

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F350 & Bronco
So in order to use your block heater you have to open the hood every time and have a cord hanging out the hood?

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
So in order to use your block heater you have to open the hood every time and have a cord hanging out the hood?
I'd hope not, in my distant past we'd thread the cord out the radiator grill in the fall and tie it back inside in the spring. The battery warmer was on the same power cord. North Dakota winters were brutal. We needed both but could only have one outlet per car. Minot AFB :'P

Tdawg

Big Bend
First Name
Tdawg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford bronco sport
I'd hope not, in my distant past we'd thread the cord out the radiator grill in the fall and tie it back inside in the spring. The battery warmer was on the same power cord. North Dakota winters were brutal. We needed both but could only have one outlet per car. Minot AFB :'P
Ya Bricker is right, you actually have to open the hood to get to the cord because you can’t fish it through the radiator grill in the front as it is just too short to get around it.
The length of this cord is a problem.

I’m not sure what else to do here..

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
Ya Bricker is right, you actually have to open the hood to get to the cord because you can’t fish it through the radiator grill in the front as it is just too short to get around it.

Short extension cord tied up and out the bottom.???

Whitenight

Badlands
First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport 2022 Maverick Lariat Deluxe

My F-350 Super Duty 7.3L Diesel engine block heater cord was behind the bumper just below the grill in the tow hook area. Will have to see if I can run a short extension cord from the block heater plug to the tow hook area on the Bronco Sport. I'm just not going to keep opening the hood to run an extension cord to it. Ford should have been able to come up with a better design for it since it's really stupid the way that it currently is.

Whatheheck

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco sport, 21Mustang GT
Does the BS OB have the block heater ? I’m thinking no, I’ll have to take a look tomorrow.

kyle_conrad

Outer Banks
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Website
kyleconrad.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Outer Banks
Does the BS OB have the block heater ? I’m thinking no, I’ll have to take a look tomorrow.
it’s an add on - I added it to my order just in case, even though I doubt I’ll ever need it or use it
Sponsored