Where are the reviews?

Tdubz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
We have seen tons of videos and pics about the bronco sport now but no real reviews. I thought I remembered hearing that the real reviews (not just the “first look” ones) were embargoed for some period of time. With people taking deliveries now, shouldn’t we be seeing these reviews now? Did I miss them?
Sponsored

OP
OP

Tdubz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Media reviews come out Monday (dec 7). There is nothing stoping people that are taking deliveries from talking about the vehicles they own.
Thanks, I’ve been looking forward to hear reviews from all the big auto websites. Nice to know I won’t be waiting much longer.

Cabezone

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee Trailhawk
The initial driving review is not too interested in I'm curious about the Badlands versus Cherokee trailhawk on trails. if it can come close to matching the trailhawk on trails it's bad news for Jeep.

Cyclone Cowboy

Badlands
First Name
Warren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Xterra
The ground clearance was a concern for many. He obviously does not know the max lift is expected to be 1" non-dealer. Maybe the Badlands package will help. No doubt the 2022 edition will be higher if this is an issue.

Washburn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford Escape Limited AWD / 2005 BMW 330Ci ZHP / 2014 Mazda6 Touring
The ground clearance was a concern for many. He obviously does not know the max lift is expected to be 1" non-dealer. Maybe the Badlands package will help. No doubt the 2022 edition will be higher if this is an issue.
And Perhaps they will add some sort of HomeLink/GDO too....

Washburn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I am def not getting the first year of a new vehicle, as a tradition sort of. So hopefully my patience and that "rule" will pay off.

Last edited:

Fan_of_Boxy

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda5
There is a pretty popular youtuber named Doug Demuro. He does pretty in-depth reviews of cars. He posted maybe a few weeks ago a picture of his new Defender next to a bronco sport, so guessing he probably already did his video just waiting until the media embargo lifts.

Cyclone Cowboy

Badlands
First Name
Warren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Xterra
In a normal "situation" the BS would be a no-brainer, considering what you get for the money. However, we are likely in the initial phases of increasing gas prices mixed with higher emission standards. There are multiple 4x4 hybrids coming in the next 2-4 years. No current vehicle is the all-encompassing 4x4 right now, but the Bronco Sport and maybe 1-2 other vehicles fit the bill for now. I'm looking at the BS as a "bridge" vehicle to fill the gap before hybrids or all electrics are usable for storm chasing.

We will know a lot more after Monday.

Washburn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That “rule” is a popular excuse among people that are not in fact ready to purchase a new vehicle on the same exact year that a nice car that they like is introduced. While you guys claim it’s wise, I’ll claim that for the majority of you, it’s an excuse to justify not being ready to buy a new car even though you personally, genuinely live by this principle.
I am sure some use it as an excuse, but you can't generalize that. I have no reason for an excuse right now, and I am genuinely hoping for a car that has some sort of home-link/GDO. AND that Alto Blue might not be an extra cost color, AND that whatever bugs (they all have bugs) might be worked out, AND that some of the options may become standard AND that there might be a moonroof delete option.

Excape

Outer Banks
First Name
Reg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
I am sure some use it as an excuse, but you can't generalize that. I have no reason for an excuse right now, and I am genuinely hoping for a car that has some sort of home-link/GDO. AND that Alto Blue might not be an extra cost color, AND that whatever bugs (they all have bugs) might be worked out, AND that some of the options may become standard AND that there might be a moonroof delete option.
....AND one might kick themselves for not waiting on the Bronco (non-Sport) because it might fit in their garage after-all, AND it may get near-enough fuel economy to justify, AND it is available with a MANUAL, AND it can be had for not as much difference in cost as originally speculated.

At least that is my primary consideration for not pulling the trigger yet. I may jump ONCE I see and drive the Sport, but I have a growing, but nagging curiosity about the non-Sport Bronco that may delay my purchase.

Washburn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You say some, I say most. You are generalizing that ALL first year vehicles have bugs and ALL 2+ year don’t have bugs which is one of the most inaccurate generalizations. That’s cool if you are waiting for a universal garage door opener, cheaper and different options which I see as excuses but you’re an adult and you’re allowed to make excuses and your own choices.
Thank you. Why so hostile sounding?
Did I say or do something that bothered you?
I personally see my list as reasons. Not excuses.
I didn't say anywhere that all bugs vanish in the 2nd year, BUT I do believe that they DO have less than the 1st year, which I truly believe to be the case. SOME of them at least get fixed in later years in almost all cases, which to me, is a good reason to wait.
No one has to ALLOW me to make those choices but I am glad I have been allowed just the same.

Last edited:

Washburn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No one other than yourself allows you to make choices. I never said I was the one that allowed you lol. Most adult allow themselves to make their own choices and define decide what is an bad excuse or good reason. I am glad you allow yourself to make choices also lol
:) OK.
Sponsored