Slickrock

Badlands
First Name
Slick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Ridgeline
So I'm still debating what I'm going to do. If the pandemic ended tomorrow, and I was back in the office daily soon, I'd buy as soon I could. But with the pandemic, and still full time WFH, I can sit and wait for a while (maybe the Badlands will get the 2.3, but I think that's way out, if ever). I could also look at full size, but that's not really likely unless my WFH becomes solid enough that I could move out of LA, which would justify the full size.
Sponsored

Washburn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford Escape Limited AWD / 2005 BMW 330Ci ZHP / 2014 Mazda6 Touring
I am waiting until 2022 models are out so that there's a chance of

- getting all the 1st year bugs ironed out (100% certain)
- all trims getting more standard and optional stuff (I want the windshield wiper de-icer on a BL, which not possible with current line up) (almost 100% certain as every car maker adds more features and standard and optional equipment after the 1st year)
- VERY SLIM hope of getting the 2.3L added. (prob won't happen from the responses on the web) (5% - 10% chance perhaps)
- more color options may become available (90% chance)

Excape

Outer Banks
First Name
Reg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
I drove an Escape for 12 years, putting ~260,000 miles on it. It was the best vehicle I've owned in terms of practicality, foul weather capability, ease and enjoyment to drive. I towed my dirtbike into the woods on fireroads, and many other adventures. I'm really excited about the Bronco Sport, which promised to be a more capable, ruggedized evolution of the platform.
There was a lot of hype leading up to the release, about how Ford was perfecting the Bronco, looking at every detail, providing great configurability, and getting it right.
Looking at the results, it appears they were, for the Bronco Bronco. The Sport, although part of the "Bronco brand", got a bit shortchanged on options and configurability. The packages, especially powertrain options, have given me pause. Enough to wait. The Dragon engine is not what I want, period.

hawkonthego

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Fusion
I am waiting to actually sit in one to see how comfortable the seats are.Hope that Ford will have a drive event located in different cities like they did for the Ranger. Before any of the dealerships had the Ranger available you could see and feel how the 2019 Ranger was to drive.

Sundog

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford F-350 LB, 2018 Toyota Rav4
Just ordered badlands today. For a $100 refundable deposit it was a no brainer to get one coming. If we have regrets after we sit in it & check it out, we can walk away & get our deposit back.
We have had many different fords over the years & no problems experienced. I currently drive a 2019 F350 to tow our 5th wheel & we are excited to have something to explore in again. Have had 66 Bronco, a couple of built Jeeps, and a Rzr 1000 so we are familiar with wheeling in Utah backcountry.

Administrator

Administrator
Staff member
First Name
Admin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Just ordered badlands today. For a $100 refundable deposit it was a no brainer to get one coming. If we have regrets after we sit in it & check it out, we can walk away & get our deposit back.
We have had many different fords over the years & no problems experienced. I currently drive a 2019 F350 to tow our 5th wheel & we are excited to have something to explore in again. Have had 66 Bronco, a couple of built Jeeps, and a Rzr 1000 so we are familiar with wheeling in Utah backcountry.
Congrats Steve! Please add yourself to the order tracking list:

https://www.broncosportforum.com/forum/threads/bronco-sport-orders-tracking-list-stats-enter-yours.1098/

:thumbsup:

Sundog

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford F-350 LB, 2018 Toyota Rav4
Received the order number & submitted on the tracking list.
Sponsored