What's up with the light up numbers on the side of my door?

Wolf256

Badlands
First Name
Jane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport Atlas Blue
Excellent answer! Thank you. You know, I will have to triple check later, but there only thing I found in my glove box was the owners manual, wrapped in plastic, with serveral other pieces of paper. I looked at something that was a "white card", it also had some sort of "upc" on it...but there was nothing on it that resembled a "code". I will triple check and update the thread. Otherwise, I will probably need that procedure to retrieve them, and then also to save my own (which would def be preferable to me). As an "IT guy", I have way too many 'codes', passwords, and 'sequences' to remember anyway. lol
Here’s what it should look like. It’s the size of a credit/bank card but printed on cardstock.

Ford Bronco Sport What's up with the light up numbers on the side of my door? IMG_1937
Sponsored

PugDad

Badlands
First Name
Bronco Lilly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BSBL
Owners manual is an excellent reference to learn the features of your vehicle.
Doesn’t matter how many times you say it.

sajohnson

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands ordered 12/17/2021 - Arrived 3/25/22
Hope you're battery does not die on you when out on a hike!
A related issue -- we routinely hear noises from the engine bay, even after the BS BL has been parked for a day or more.

I recently checked the battery voltage after it had been sitting for 2-3 days and it was just 12.18V. That's getting down there -- between 50 and 60% SOC.

Probably not a concern for what most owners here are talking about -- leaving the BS for a few hours -- but still concerning.

ChadG

Big Bend
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Hey if it ain’t on my phone…… what’s a manual?
I keep a copy of my manual on both my phone and iPad. Don’t have to run out to the car if I have a question while in the house.

gooder12

Badlands
First Name
dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Badlands
My dealer didn't mention anything, and I didn't notice while I checked her out. I suspect its a security code for the car? Do I need to call them back for that?
I have been around a whole lot of years, and I have always read my Owners Manuals, and I get a kick out of some of the questions or concerns some of you have. Sorry, and there is no such thing as a Stupid Question, and yes I ask them often, but if you call your Dealer they should simply tell you to read your Manual! There is a lot of info in there and if your stuck outside your car with no key and your Ford Pass tells you your battery is too low for it to help, well, knowing the Unlock Key Code is Priceless. Ford has made a huge deal about that item for about 50 years now, and it is nice to have. End of Rant. I knew a lot about my Badlands before I bought it because I read the Manual on line. It told me stuff like when all the Trick Pony stuff in the 4wd system takes a nap. So I knew before hand when my BS will shut down some of the 4wd system and I will get Stuck! Yep, you might want to know that kind of stuff, and Ford won't advertise those things. The 4wd System is still The Bomb, but only to its limits which are kind of Low Speed Tricks.

Enjoy your BS and you will enjoy it more if you read the Manual.

gooder12

Badlands
First Name
dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Badlands
Owners manual is an excellent reference to learn the features of your vehicle.
You gave The Best Reply! I mean it as reading the manual can save you a lot of problems and teach you something.

OP
OP
gatornek

gatornek

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport; 2016 Mustang 2.3
I have been around a whole lot of years, and I have always read my Owners Manuals, and I get a kick out of some of the questions or concerns some of you have. Sorry, and there is no such thing as a Stupid Question, and yes I ask them often, but if you call your Dealer they should simply tell you to read your Manual! There is a lot of info in there and if your stuck outside your car with no key and your Ford Pass tells you your battery is too low for it to help, well, knowing the Unlock Key Code is Priceless. Ford has made a huge deal about that item for about 50 years now, and it is nice to have. End of Rant. I knew a lot about my Badlands before I bought it because I read the Manual on line. It told me stuff like when all the Trick Pony stuff in the 4wd system takes a nap. So I knew before hand when my BS will shut down some of the 4wd system and I will get Stuck! Yep, you might want to know that kind of stuff, and Ford won't advertise those things. The 4wd System is still The Bomb, but only to its limits which are kind of Low Speed Tricks.

Holy sh!t dude. I just bought the car last week. I have a life, family and friends to attend to. God forbid that I ask a question on a public forum.🙄

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Holy sh!t dude. I just bought the car last week. I have a life, family and friends to attend to. God forbid that I ask a question on a public forum.🙄
No offense, some salty responses...but the keyless entry is decades old. Fortunately you also had some good thoughtful help and really, bottom line, go through the owners manual when you can, it really will save you a lot of aggravation.

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport Outer Banks Area51

Should I assume the outside door lock has its own battery? If the battery is too low, I'd think this would not work either.

bjbena

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape SEL. EcoSport SES
but ample time to log onto your computer, visit the website and type a question ...? 🤔

OP
OP
gatornek

gatornek

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
but ample time to log onto your computer, visit the website and type a question ...? 🤔
Apologies. I don't speak "jerk". Try again.

OP
OP
gatornek

gatornek

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thank you to each and everyone who wrote a sincere response. The only other Ford I had before this one was the Mustang. It did NOT have this 'feature'. I found my card and located the sync 3 procedure to change it in the manual thanks to @coopny

To everyone else who gave a smug, condescending response...y'all should really think about what things you put time and energy into. Stay positive.:thumbsup: Please feel free to NOT respond to any of my questions anymore( or just plain hit the 'ignore' like I've done you) from now on. You won't be missed.

coopny

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 BS BL
Seeing some name calling here and while some questions get asked more than once "RTFM" (Read the F&@#&@ manual) style replies over and over again aren't helpful, it's the kind of unfriendly attitude that turned me off a lot of forums in the past 20 years. Let's all remember to be kind.

(There's also a middle ground of replies between "read the manual" and excerpting everything about a feature or function of the car...)

Also remember that, depending on your vehicle, vehicle trim, and the packages, this has not been a feature 100% installed on Fords for the past 20+ years. It is often omitted from lower trims.

Should I assume the outside door lock has its own battery? If the battery is too low, I'd think this would not work either.
The battery threshold at which FordPass connected features cut off is different at the threshold at which the Securicode keypad (digits on the door) isn't going to work. The battery management system will do things like sleep the FordPass modem and sleep the Sync 3 system (to be off with a slower boot rather than a low drain standby) while the battery still has enough charge for the car to start.

I've seen many posts on FB BS Owners Group where people post "deep sleep" messages from the FordPass app that connected functions like unlock/lock/remote start aren't gonna work based on battery condition but the car starts fine.

In general, if the car has any power at all to be unlocked by the fob, the securicode kepad will work (even if the battery doesn't have enough power to actually start the car).

(If you have the one flush to the side of the door installed at the factory, that's wired into the car and relies off the car battery power. If you have an aftermarket keyless entry accessory from Ford stuck on, that has a separate sealed battery, and as it is a separate battery, it can die while the car battery is fine.)

OP
OP
gatornek

gatornek

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Seeing some name calling here and while some questions get asked more than once "RTFM" (Read the F&@#&@ manual) style replies over and over again aren't helpful, it's the kind of unfriendly attitude that turned me off a lot of forums in the past 20 years. Let's all remember to be kind.

(There's also a middle ground of replies between "read the manual" and excerpting everything about a feature or function of the car...)

Also remember that, depending on your vehicle, vehicle trim, and the packages, this has not been a feature 100% installed on Fords for the past 20+ years. It is often omitted from lower trims.
Well said, and agreed.

I'm no stranger to forum trolls. I've gone to the model's respective forums for the last 3 cars I've owned. Once they show themselves, I just block. To be honest, I ALWAYS read the manual front to back. I just bought the car last Wednesday, am a father to a toddler, its been crazy busy at work, and I spent the ENTIRE weekend planning and executing Mothers Day for my Mom and wife. So sitting down to read the manual has not made it to the top of my list yet. But it will.

I come to forums as humbly as I can, trying to learn when I don't know, and help others when I have some experience. I definitely don't come here to ridicule others for their life choices. I just don't get that.

Thank you again for the tip about changint it. It would've took me ages to uncover that.
Sponsored