What You don’t like about Bronco 2 doors, 4 doors, and sport!

kissmetoomuch

First Edition
First Name
Tuan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Hi everyone!
I know someone out there who works for Ford, has a chance to drive Bronco 2, 4 doors and Bronco sport
Please share with us what you don’t like about it . Help us to decide which one to buy

life is way too short, we may not have chance to find out which car is favorite

thank you so much
Sponsored

Washburn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford Escape Limited AWD / 2005 BMW 330Ci ZHP / 2014 Mazda6 Touring
Bronco Sport dislikes: (NONE of these are dealbreakers)

- Rotary dial gear shift (takes away from the "tough" look more than Ford might imagine among the male buyers)
- No MANUAL pull handle for liftgate in case electric opening mechanism fails (at least not that I know of) - this MUST be an option.
- No Homelink ?? (Bizarre omission for a car that has a heated steering wheel as option)
- C pillar design (impairs visibility)
- No moonroof delete option on BL package ( We need ROOF strength and weight saving AND space saving! Not everyone wants a moonroof - make this a STAND ALONE OPTION)
- No option for the 2.3L
- Tow capacity - can we get at least 3000 lbs?
- Tiny fog lights (looks toy grade - make them round and bigger)

Design TIPS:
- Paint the tow hooks body color at least in Rapid Red / Alto Blue / Cyber Orange
- Make the bash plates a different/lighter color so they stand out (can't they be just left unpainted? steel should look nice)- makes for an amazing impression

And for my needs, The Sport's BL trim +BL pkg is more than off-road capable. I see no need for a "real" Bronco - I will buy a Sport.(BL+BL)

Last edited:

NOVAbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Bronco Sport dislikes:
- Sync 3 instead of Sync 4
- Rotary dial gear shift
- Windshield wipers — rain-sensing (only on Outer Banks and not Badlands according to specs)
- No seat memory functions (the 1,2,3 buttons on the door) if you share the vehicle with other drivers.
- No Park Assist
- Brown Interior. I shouldn't be locked into this seat color when I add the Badlands options package

I have a Ford Escape now, so I don't like that I'm loosing some small creature comforts by buying a new vehicle.

Petes

Badlands
First Name
Petes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Cherokee Limited
@Washburn and @NOVAbronco

I’m right there with you regarding the

Sync 3 instead of Sync 4 - I like to geek out over this sort of stuff.

I would also love for the bash plates to be more noticeable. Maybe they’ll be some aftermarket ways to make them so.

No Parking Assist - my current vehicle has it and it’s a great way to freak out people . I rarely use it but I know my wife will miss it and it just feels like the top trim should have it.

Rotary dial gear shift- not a dealbreaker for me but I would much prefer somethinglike the ranger ...
or better yet (imo) a steering column shifter. I really miss them. I loved them on my old Ranger and Explorer Sport.

Ford Bronco Sport What You don’t like about Bronco 2 doors, 4 doors, and sport! B6CAEC39-60E9-49D6-A3FF-E309BA008487
Ford Bronco Sport What You don’t like about Bronco 2 doors, 4 doors, and sport! 26668033-324B-46AA-8E2C-9290CA1C0E3F

Washburn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@Washburn and @NOVAbronco
No Parking Assist - my current vehicle has it and it’s a great way to freak out people . I rarely use it but I know my wife will miss it and it just feels like the top trim should have it.
What I am hoping is, there will be some options added to the 2nd year models, like park assist... for those who like it.
It's one of those things I think NOW i don't need but if I had it I might grow to like it.... just for fun though; I like a little challenge when I park, so it's not a dealbreaker for me.

OP
OP

kissmetoomuch

First Edition
First Name
Tuan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Hi everyone!
I know someone out there who works for Ford, has a chance to drive Bronco 2, 4 doors and Bronco sport
Please share with us what you don’t like about it . Help us to decide which one to buy

thank you so much
I h
What I am hoping is, there will be some options added to the 2nd year models, like park assist... for those who like it.
It's one of those things I think NOW i don't need but if I had it I might grow to like it.... just for fun though; I like a little challenge when I park, so it's not a dealbreaker for me.
[/QUO
Is Ford Listening? I hope so and wait for tomorrow and next day ... next day !!! Hopefully competitors will not make something better.

Slickrock

Badlands
First Name
Slick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Ridgeline
Gonna look at this a different way...

Grand Cherokee / Cherokee:
Dislike: Price, upcoming remodel
Deal breaker: interior

Compass:
Deal breaker: Interior, Fiat

Acadia AT4:
Deal breaker: lack of stance, old interior, lack of 4X4

Passport:
Dislike: Gas mileage, Price, lack of 4x4

Rav4:
Dislike: lack of 4X4

4Runner:
Dislike: cluttered old interior, bulbuous exterior

Discovery Sport:
Deal breaker: price
Dislike: likely maintenance costs

Atlas Sport:
Dislike: gas mileage, price, lack of 4x4
Deal breaker: lack of larger engine

Bronco Sport:
Dislike: lack of larger engine, mandatory moon roof on packages

-------------

The Bronco Sport is still my clear choice (at least until I sit in one). If something comes up where that just doesn't make sense, the Passport is probably going to be my fallback, assuming I'm still living in SoCal when I buy.

Everything else is hampered by the price of the bubble SUVs, the curse of AWD, and overdone design (or old design).

Granger Ford

Badlands
Gold Sponsor
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Gonna look at this a different way...

Grand Cherokee / Cherokee:
Dislike: Price, upcoming remodel

Compass:
Deal breaker: Interior, Fiat

Acadia AT4:
Deal breaker: lack of stance, old interior, lack of 4X4

Passport:
Dislike: Gas mileage, Price, lack of 4x4

Rav4:
Dislike: lack of 4X4

4Runner:
Dislike: cluttered old interior, bulbuous exterior

Discovery Sport:
Deal breaker: price
Dislike: likely maintenance costs

Atlas Sport:
Dislike: gas mileage, price, lack of 4x4
Deal breaker: lack of larger engine

Bronco Sport:
Dislike: lack of larger engine, mandatory moon roof on packages

-------------

The Bronco Sport is still my clear choice (at least until I sit in one). If something comes up where that just doesn't make sense, the Passport is probably going to be my fallback, assuming I'm still living in SoCal when I buy.

Everything else is hampered by the price of the bubble SUVs, the curse of AWD, and overdone design (or old design).
Nice analysis and points to look at...Thanks

2Horse

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, 2021 Bronco Sport Badlands
Hi everyone!

thank you so much
Bronco Sport dislikes:

The moonroof that is included in the Badlands option package for the reasons stated previously, but also because the $2595 package might be only around $1295 without the moonroof. The moonroof could stand alone as an option.

The black and brown color of the seats included in the Badlands option package. They may look fine, but it would be nice to have the black seats with the Area 51 trim to match the Area 51 exterior color if selected, such as would be possible in the Outerbanks trim.

I'm also not a big fan of some of the features in the Ford Co-Pilot360 especially the Lane keeping System, but understand that we have caught up with the future.

I don't care for the white Bronco letters on the grill and tailgate. Why can't they be another color so the vehicle doesn't look like an F100 from 1965?

That's about all. I wouldn't have thought to air these complaints if the thread wasn't already started, but it is interesting to see what others are thinking too.

Beach_Bum

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco
Bronco 2-Door:
- It's a 2-door. I need the utility of cargo space.

Bronco 4-Door:
- I love it like a fat kid loves cake. But I have specific taste in style. I want the White Top/White Grill/White trim (interior/exterior)/Marine Grade Vinyl in Cactus Grey. I'm not willing to drop 40K and then have a solution requiring seat covers and painting the top. With the new video posted today, it alludes to interchangeable parts (grill, door handles, trail sights, etc.) But again, I'm not paying 40K to then pay for replacement parts.
- Tow rating is weak

Bronco Sport:
- Hate the moonroof. Less load capacity on the roof along with less cargo space.
- Tow rating is weak
- Would prefer more ground clearance
- It is the most realistic option for me for my needs. I love that it was able to tackle terrain alongside it's big brother. But for my needs, I'll never rock crawl or go to a mud bog. It will need to handle sugar sand on the beach. I go to the beach 5 days a week (min.)

*Back-story is that I drive a 2003 Jeep Liberty Limited (pre-Fiat) with 83K original miles. I've been the only owner. No problems mechanically and suits my needs to access the beach whenever I want. I'm just bored with it. And not having a vehicle payment for the past 13 years has allowed for me to save up and pay cash for whichever vehicle I choose. My fallback option is to settle on the Sport for a daily driver and throw some mony at my Liberty with a lift/suspension/bumper/fender flares to turn it into a Liberty Overland Beast.

Washburn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Seems moonroof in the BL pkg is universal dislike, just like me. Hope they listen and make it a stand-alone option in 2022 models.

I am also not a fan of WHITE bronco lettering, but i didn't mention it in my dislikes because:

1) technically you can get it in black in FE
2) It's an easy DIY I am sure - I will change it to black/gray myself, OR someone might even make a black overlay. (I know there were black overlays for even the 2nd gen boxy Escapes)

Something like this:
Ford Bronco Sport What You don’t like about Bronco 2 doors, 4 doors, and sport! 1597624353601

Last edited:

Slickrock

Badlands
First Name
Slick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Ridgeline
*Back-story is that I drive a 2003 Jeep Liberty Limited (pre-Fiat) with 83K original miles. I've been the only owner. No problems mechanically and suits my needs to access the beach whenever I want. I'm just bored with it. And not having a vehicle payment for the past 13 years has allowed for me to save up and pay cash for whichever vehicle I choose. My fallback option is to settle on the Sport for a daily driver and throw some mony at my Liberty with a lift/suspension/bumper/fender flares to turn it into a Liberty Overland Beast.
Only 83k? and solid? I'd put $3k in accessories on that and enjoy it for another 5 years.. :D

Washburn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Only 83k? and solid? I'd put $3k in accessories on that and enjoy it for another 5 years.. :D
No don't say that because that makes me feel guilty about my almost pristine 2010 Escape Limited AWD v6 with 85k miles :oops:
(well at least I bought it used recently so.....)

Slickrock

Badlands
First Name
Slick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Ridgeline
No don't say that because that makes me feel guilty about my almost pristine 2010 Escape Limited AWD v6 with 85k miles :oops:
(well at least I bought it used recently so.....)
LOL - My '06 Ridgeline is up to 120ish-k on it, and it's starting to feel it. Dumped $4k into maintenance over the past 18 months.

There's that glory period up to 100k, and then everything needs changing...
Sponsored