What website or store do you recommend to buy a roof crossbar?

henry16

Badlands
First Name
henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco sport
I'm looking to get a roof crossbar for my Bronco sport
Sponsored

fastlax16

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport Badlands, 2019 VW Golf R
I ordered the Thule kit from: https://www.fordpartsdistributor.com/

Its a website run by a Ford dealership. At the time I ordered they were the cheapest but prices fluctuate. If you have the part number of the rack you want you can google it and find a number of dealerships that run similar models. Essentially they've figured they can turn a profit selling parts at a lower cost than Ford technically allows through the dealership, so they setup a separate site.

The big variable is shipping. My advice would be to find a site like this that's closest to you, but in another state. You'll save on shipping vs a dealer from across the country and avoid sales tax, on top of the lower price. If you google the contact phone number for the website it will usually match up with an actual dealership if you have concerns about legitimacy.

If its the thule kit you want the part number is VM1PZ-7855100-C.

OP
OP

henry16

Badlands
First Name
henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco sport
I ordered the Thule kit from: https://www.fordpartsdistributor.com/

Its a website run by a Ford dealership. At the time I ordered they were the cheapest but prices fluctuate. If you have the part number of the rack you want you can google it and find a number of dealerships that run similar models. Essentially they've figured they can turn a profit selling parts at a lower cost than Ford technically allows through the dealership, so they setup a separate site.

The big variable is shipping. My advice would be to find a site like this that's closest to you, but in another state. You'll save on shipping vs a dealer from across the country and avoid sales tax, on top of the lower price. If you google the contact phone number for the website it will usually match up with an actual dealership if you have concerns about legitimacy.

If its the thule kit you want the part number is VM1PZ-7855100-C.
Thanks for the link and advice! This is very helpful
Sponsored