What Type of USB Ports Do You Have?

BroncoS56

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
I was surprised to learn that besides the USB-A and USB-C port in the media bin, I have a dual USB-C port in both the center console and the rear seat console. I ordered some USB lights that I wanted to fit in the center console but they were for the standard USB so they didn't fit. I tried this at night with little light. :blush: No big deal, as I ordered ones for a USB-C port. But I was assuming the USB-A and USB-C port was standard in all three locations. I have a 2023 Big Bend.
Sponsored

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
I was surprised to learn that besides the USB-A and USB-C port in the media bin, I have a dual USB-C port in both the center console and the rear seat console. I ordered some USB lights that I wanted to fit in the center console but they were for the standard USB so they didn't fit. I tried this at night with little light. :blush: No big deal, as I ordered ones for a USB-C port. But I was assuming the USB-A and USB-C port was standard in all three locations. I have a 2023 Big Bend.
I have a 22 Badlands non premium. USB-A and USB-C in all three places plus 110v in the rear of the console and in the cargo area.

bjbena

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape SEL. EcoSport SES
Wait. So you have two USB-C in the center console and for the rear passengers??? That may be an unaccounted for change between 21/22 and 23s.

That's new. Most of us have one USB-A and one USB-C in a three locations. Can you post a picture?

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Better release the kraken! How dare Ford make a change between model years and not describe it in detail! Even if it’s better! 😎

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

bjbena

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape SEL. EcoSport SES
Better release the kraken! How dare Ford make a change between model years and not describe it in detail! Even if it’s better! 😎
I wouldn't call it better. Many devices still use Type A for their power connection.

Jmuns

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport BL
I wouldn't call it better. Many devices still use Type A for their power connection.
Yea its kinda twofold. Right now it's nice having the USB-A, however in a couple years everything will have changed over to USB-C.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yea its kinda twofold. Right now it's nice having the USB-A, however in a couple years everything will have changed over to USB-C.
Used to be A to A, A to mini, A to micro. Everything is heading to C. I only use the media A for my Carlinkit so I’m fine with how it is. I just know how everyone seems to freak out when Ford removes something that seemed to be a god given right to have.

jason202

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport Badlands, 2009 Volvo C30 T5
My 2023 Badlands with the premium package is the same, A and C under the dash, and dual USB-C inside the center console and in the back seat.

CallMeBill

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Carbonized Grey Badlands
Quick question ...... if I get a wireless dongle for my phone does it plug into the USB-A port (bottom one) to work or will it work if I plug it into the USB-C (top) ?

Wolf256

Badlands
First Name
Jane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport Atlas Blue
Quick question ...... if I get a wireless dongle for my phone does it plug into the USB-A port (bottom one) to work or will it work if I plug it into the USB-C (top) ?
I have plugged mine in to both at different times.
Sponsored