Rgill

Badlands
First Name
Vegas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
From Blue Oval - this is not related to model year but for orders placed in 2021. So it works for MY22 vehicle. It can get your vehicle scheduled for production regardless of dealer allocation. Ours went in through this and we have a production week and VIN already for a 9/10 order.
—————————————————

“It appears the appropriate question may no longer be "what's your allocation?" but rather, "what do you know about the customer order verification program (COVP)?"

As I keep doing more reading on what representatives from various dealers on blueovaforums and other model specific Ford forums are posting about COVP and from discussions with my dealer (he's been a good sport about all my crazy questions over the last many months) it does appear that the old allocation system is, at least for the time being per communication from Ford, no longer relevant for customer orders (if utilizing COVP). Ford is rewarding dealers with incremental allocation (essentially bonus allocation, not part of the traditional earned allocation) for orders verified by COVP. We'll see if Ford keeps their word once scheduling actually starts, but so far they are with other MY22 vehicles.

It seems as though it will be a good idea to ask a few days after placing your order to see the communication from Ford to the dealership indicating that your order has been verified.
It sounds like a lot of dealerships aren't really familiar with the process or aware of the benefits, even though it is now being used for custom orders on nearly all models.

Happy to have CVM chime in here, however he has yet to respond to my post, asking what his insight is, on one of his new threads from yesterday where he was touting his allocation .

2021 FORD CUSTOMER ORDER VERIFICATION FOR PRIORITY SCHEDULING AND ALLOCATION

WHAT IS HAPPENING
• The Customer Order Verification Program (COVP) will be opening to all unscheduled orders on all vehicle lines (excluding Mach-E, Bronco and specialty units)
• Verified orders will receive priority scheduling and will receive incremental allocation

SUMMARY
Dealers will be able to utilize the existing COVP website on https://cni.dealerconnection.com to register retail orders for all vehicle lines (excluding Mach-E, Bronco and specialty units). Verified orders will receive priority scheduling and will receive incremental allocation. Vehicles that are not verified will still be scheduled but will schedule within the dealer’s earned allocation.
Note that while this program utilizes the same process as the Retail Order Incentive, only previously communicated vehicle lines are eligible for the incentive. Please check SmartVINCENT for incentive eligibility.

ELIGIBLE VEHICLE LINES
All vehicle lines (excluding Mach-E, Bronco and specialty units) are eligible for verification and incremental allocation through the COVP process.
• Mustang (Non GT500 or Mach 1)
• EcoSport
• Escape
• Edge
• Bronco Sport
• Explorer
• Expedition
• Transit
• Transit Connect
• Ranger
• F150
• Super Duty

Further clarification from dealer on blueovalforums: The COVP program has absolutely nothing to do with vehicles in inventory and is NOT Model Year specific. The program applies to unscheduled retail orders, allows Ford to verify that retail orders are legitimate upon reviewing the required documentation... and helps Ford to expedite the scheduling of retail orders and rewards customers and Dealers alike by scheduling these retail orders with incremental allocation!”
Sponsored

Last edited: