What products are you using to clean/detail your Bronco Sport?

davidg4781

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
Let's talk about what the maybe average person might use to clean/detail/maintain their Bronco Sport. I'm planning to do do some detailing this weekend and want to see what I should get.

What are y'all using for the plastics in the interior? How about the clean easy Big Bend seats, maybe just a wet towel?

For the exterior, I'm probably going to use the wash and protectant the selling dealer gave me but I might switch to Meguiar's after. From what I've read, I should also get an iron remover but use some kind of wash stripper first to get any old wax/protectant off first.

I also need a ladder or a stool to reach the top of the roof.
Sponsored

Bronclahoma

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I use Lucas Interior Detailer on the seats, dash and rubber mats. It really gets dirt out of the mats. Use Lucas tire shine. I go to a car wash and just get the basic wash with a ceramic spray. I seems to work fine. Lots of good products out there, but Lucas works and they support a lot of racing and off road events.

Dude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Products used are much different if your vehicle has Paint Protection Film (PPF) and Ceramic Coating professionally applied. If you ever go that route the shop you use will provide easy to follow advice on what products to use and how to get the vehicle cleaned.

sinbuster007

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 SUV's, 2 Mustangs
Meguiar's or Adams on all my cars.
thats it. use Adams Ceramic on daily cars (edge, bronco)
Meguiars Tech Wax on the Mustangs.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
Let's talk about what the maybe average person might use to clean/detail/maintain their Bronco Sport. I'm planning to do do some detailing this weekend and want to see what I should get.

What are y'all using for the plastics in the interior? How about the clean easy Big Bend seats, maybe just a wet towel?

For the exterior, I'm probably going to use the wash and protectant the selling dealer gave me but I might switch to Meguiar's after. From what I've read, I should also get an iron remover but use some kind of wash stripper first to get any old wax/protectant off first.

Turtle Wax Wax & Dry works on every surface of the car; paint, glass plastic, rubber, everything. Wash the car, spray the entire exterior (paint, glass, plastic, rubber, even the tires if you like) with the stuff, dry with a microfiber towel (you'll have to wring it out a few times), then polish with a dry microfiber towel. Before wringing it completely dry the last time, use the wax-impregnated towel to wipe down the entire interior of the car (glass, plastic, display screens, seats, rubber floors, etc.).

NOTE: If you use this on your tires avoid spraying the tread. Obviously, you don't want to use the towel you use on the tires on anything else.

Voila'!

Last edited:

davidb1841

Outer Banks
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F250 Tremor; Bronco Sport Outer Banks
Turtle wax ICE and then a coat of Maguires gold class Carnuba on the paint. Then I just keep layering ICE / Maguires every other month or so. Car always looks great......

Mrmike

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 OBX, '20 Ecosport, '21 Kymco X-Town 300i
I use Delta Sonic car wash. Unlimited washes and full detail on both cars twice a year.

BSBB4Les

Big Bend
First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'03 Mustang conv, '22 Bronco Sport (Spooky)
I use Meguiars products exclusively. I wash with gold class wash, using micro fiber cloths for both application of soap and on rinsing. I use gold class carnuba paste twice a year, spring (need to apply now) and fall. After each wash I use quik wax or quik detailer depending on how the water flows off. I believe the detailer is not as substantial as the quik wax, so I use that more often. No swirls!

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport
Beer and steak.

My brother-in-law has cleaned it twice when he has come to my house. While I grill, he cleans and we both drink beer.
And bacon!

Lord, I have soooo many wax products on my shelf from over the years. I sort through them to locate the carnauba paste wax, and apply that. Has always given good water bead, plus a nice deep shine.

And it smells good too:crazy:

wireman

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Griots Garage detailer & their wax also.

BroncMan

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Website
kr-photography.ca
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport

That could lead into lengthy articles. But I'll make it as short as possible.
I do not remember all product names now and I'm not at home.
Right after delivery washed with a car detergent that takes off all waxes etc., then used "Clean Slate" to make sure all is gone, then applied a Graphene coating (Turtle Wax) ... lasts for 6-12 month.
The slickness is unbelievable!! I do occasionally top it up with a spray version and Bead Maker after a wash - even more repellent and super slick. Any dirt or environmental things don't even stick, fall right off.
Goes also on glass.
Tires: "Break Buster" for wheels and tires.
"Pearl" for all rubber, plastic, interior and exterior, incl. tires. (various dilutions with water)
Occasional wash with regular car shampoo that does NOT remove coatings.
I use NO waxes - the new coatings are phenomenal and everyone always asks "what did you do to your car?" ... answer: "Nothing" ... it just keeps looking really shiny and water beads right off.
I'm not going into 'under the hood' stuff.
I also got myself items like good microfibre towels, washing mitt, bucket with strainer and a cheap pressure washer.
I use my leaf blower to dry / blow water out of crevices before applying things.
However, these graphene coatings can be applied on a wet car too - works well.
All in all, I made a plan to do the best/most efficient thing/protection right from the start on a brand new car, even told the dealer to NOT put any wax on before delivery.
Learned a lot from "Pan The Organizer" - videos.
Hope this helps.
Cheers!

Ford Bronco Sport What products are you using to clean/detail your Bronco Sport? NewBronco-Oct30-2021-1a
Sponsored