Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport
Curious. With all the sport SUV's out there, what made the members here buy the Bronco Sport?

For me, it was the look. Saw the initial advertisements when it first came out a couple of years ago, and liked it. Spring forward to 2023, and the wife and I bought one. We had bought a new Dodge challenger back in 2020, but never really drove it. It started to "own" us; never wanting to drive it to work, rain, or other reasons. A few weeks ago, we came to the conclusion that we need room and practicality. We narrowed it down to a 4 door Jeep, or the Bronco Sport.

The local dealer was really, really proud of their Jeeps, and offered us a lowball trade in value on our Challenger (had less than 3000 miles; still smelled new). We headed over to the Ford dealership, saw the Outer banks Area 51 color Bronco sport, and bought it. Got a much better trade in value, had a great salesperson, and here we are.

We have owned it now 2 weeks, and smile big every time we drive it.
Sponsored

sinbuster007

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 SUV's, 2 Mustangs
when i saw both bronco and sport come out i was wanting one. i have always wanted a jeep but since ford was now making something comparable i was in. the sport looks like my old escape....the box shape, size, everything just gives me that feel....i knew the full size was going to be a nightmare getting so i opted for the sport as the easier to obtain (right now), i am considering selling my 2015 mustang GT to pay off the sport and put a down payment on a full size 2dr....either Heritage or Badlands model. will see where that goes...
my '10 escape and '23 bronco sport picts for reference..

Ford Bronco Sport What made you buy the Bronco Sport? P1050319.JPG

Ford Bronco Sport What made you buy the Bronco Sport? IMG_5347.JPG

RiotfunK

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands
Traded a loaded Acura RDX a spec that was constantly in the shop. Got 7k more on trade from Ford than Subaru on a sti or an Outback wilderness. Also got bunch loot off my BN badlands.
And this has been in the shop as much, if not more than the Acura.
Should’ve bought another Tacoma or Jeep. Is my first and last Ford

Blue oval fan

Big Bend
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Sport
Had an Escape for work, we sold the wife's car to carvana for a profit, the wife hated driving the escape, so we got the BS. The only condition I really had was AWD and Co-Pilot 360+, my Escape was missing both of those. Out of all the other smaller SUVs the BS also looked the best.

baja_bob

Big Bend
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport
I first found the Bronco online and it was the big Bronco, went to the dealer asking about removable roofs and 2 doors like I saw in the ad, and was told it would be several months before they would be available. He had 5 or 6 sports on the lot, after a test drive I took it home, it has been 2 years now

WunWun

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Honestly, I purchased the Bronco Sport because, well, I fit better than my existing vehicle.

My pops bought a Bronco Wildtrak back in December and he loved it; we all loved it, actually. Now my mother was looking to trade in her vehicle and we suggested the Bronco Sport. My pops and I went to test drive to make sure it would work for her before bringing her out to dealership. I drove it and just fell in love.

So my mother ended up getting the BS Heritage Limited they had on the showroom floor and a few weeks later, i.e. last Friday, I picked up my BS Badlands.

Now, I am 6'2", 374 lbs., and the BS fit wonderfully. I came from a 2020 Mazda CX-5, which was a great fit in its own right, but the BS felt so much better.

AmazingSieve

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands
It fit my needs really well. I finally got a job after grad school and was looking to buy my first new car and this would be my only car as well. I needed something I could take on trails to go fly fishing and be decent around the city.

I also knew I did not want a car with a CVT, for me thats a dealbreaker and when I heard the Sport had an 8spd I was interested.

If this was my second car I may have looked for something different probably, maybe something with more off road prowess or more speed, but this is my only car and it needed to be an all-rounder at this price point and it does that quite well.

Last edited:

nrussell

Big Bend
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport "Juice"
Curious. With all the sport SUV's out there, what made the members here buy the Bronco Sport?
Got t-boned in my 2013 Edge back in January. Total loss. Was not in the market for a new ride at the time, really enjoyed my Edge and the fact I didn't have a car payment. I've always driven a Ford...my dad worked at a Ford dealership for roughly 20 years and does a lot of the service work on my vehicles (I'm clueless). I've loved the Broncos since they re-introduced them, but they had a little steeper sticker price than I was comfortable with. Was not so much in love with the Sport models, but after seeing some pics of some with beefier tires, it made all the difference in the world in my eyes. Once I came across mine while searching online, I made an appointment the next day to go test drive it and the rest is history.

Tigger

Heritage
First Name
Tigger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
I bought a BMW that I thought I wanted. In less than 6 months, I hated the car and the 16 MPG I was getting. I checked around to trade it in and Ford dealership offered a lot more than Carmax, Carvana or other dealerships. They had a Bronco and a Bronco Sport and I test drove each and bought the Sport. Then I kept trading up as Covid made used prices insane and now I have the HLE, which I really like.

linux_author

Big Bend
First Name
willie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
had a '15 VW diesel Sportwagen - great vehicle, but a $600 tire sensor, crack (fixed) in the windshield, and a malfunctioning backup/display screen ($1500 repair) had me looking for a new ride - loved the wagen (got the $7,000 back from VW)... wanted a Maverick, so went to a local dealer... saw our '22 BS BB in cactus gray w/the tow package, and told the guy, "Write it up."

Sleddog

Big Bend
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Cactus Grey.
Been looking at them for a while. But was not going to pay the stupid prices the dealer was asking. This is my wife’s ride. Over the years she has gotten my hand-me-downs.

So she deserved this one. Got it for a price less than MSRP. So that made me happy.

Scott_Anderson_

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Cactus Gray
I bought an Explorer Sport in 2016. Absolutely love it, but it somehow turned into my wife’s car, and I ended up driving her 2009 Accord, because it got much better mpg and I do more driving.

The Accord had nearly 200K miles on it and got super unreliable. In and out of the mechanic, we kept dumping money into it.

My original plan was to get a 2-door full size Bronco, and let my wife keep driving the Explorer. She didn’t go for that.

We test drove a RAV-4 and a CRV. The Toyota drove tight, and the CRV, well, it just seems that an AARP membership is a pre-requisite for ownership. We settled on the Bronco Sport and absolutely love it. It feels almost identical to the Explorer in driver and front seat, and nearly twice the mpg!

RS1

Big Bend
First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
It was what the work budget allowed. Escapes since 2005. During early 2021 dealer had leftover 2020’s. No negotiations since they claimed not knowing when or what they were going to receive. Saw the Sport in the back of their lot. They claimed to not even know it was there. Since everything since 05 has been gray, I went crazy and went with the red.
Other than Ford corporate customer service sucking, so far so good with reliability. 42,000 on it.
Sponsored