haroldqjr

Outer Banks
First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Outer Banks
I was working on installing some lights on my bronco sport and popped off what I thought was a switch slot below the light controls but it was divided into 2 sections and had a red pull string behind it, does anyone know what this is?
Ford Bronco Sport What is this? image

Ford Bronco Sport What is this? image
Sponsored

sweetwater

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
First Name
Clif
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Outer Banks
Transmission
Ford Bronco Sport What is this? 1642880844968

E307867
  1. Locate the manual park release cable access cover on the lower instrument panel dash to the bottom left-hand side of the steering column.
  2. Using a tool or the key blade, carefully open the access cover.
Note: Do not pull the tether until you are in the driver seat.
  1. Switch the ignition on, but do not start your vehicle.
  2. Once in the driver seat, fully press the brake pedal and hold. Do not release. Pull the orange tether towards the driver seat until the tether gets locked in the override position. Then leave the tether.
  3. If done correctly, a message on the instrument cluster displays Park Not Available, Transmission Not in Park, or Shift System Fault.
Note: Your vehicle is now out of the park (P) position and is free to roll.
  1. With your foot still fully applied on the brake pedal, disengage the parking brake. See Electric Parking Brake(page 175).
  2. Your vehicle remains in neutral (N) for emergency towing purposes.
  3. Switch off the ignition.
10. Once safe to do so, and there is no risk that your vehicle will roll, disconnect the negative, black, battery cable from the battery. If the vehicle rolls before disconnecting the battery, the electric parking brake could apply. You may need to release the parking brake again. See Electric Parking Brake (page 175).
Returning Your Vehicle to Normal Mode
  1. Once it is safe to do so, reconnect the negative, black, battery cable to the battery.
  2. Apply the parking brake. See Electric Parking Brake (page 175).
Note: If vehicle battery is dead, for example, no electrical power is available, you could use an external power to apply the parking brake.
  1. Fully apply the brake pedal and hold. Do not release. Pull the orange tether outward toward the driver seat to release it from the override position.
  2. The cable releases and retracts back to its original rest position.
  3. Stow the manual park release cable tether back inside the instrument panel dash hole, install the access cover by pressing it back in position.

MJE

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
And here I thought from the first pic this was going to be about the interior liftgate release button, this season’s engine cover. This forum really is a wealth of knowledge! I surely wouldn’t have known that. Guess I’d better read the manual when mine gets here.

AllTerrain

Badlands
First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
And here I thought from the first pic this was going to be about the interior liftgate release button, this season’s engine cover. This forum really is a wealth of knowledge! I surely wouldn’t have known that. Guess I’d better read the manual when mine gets here.
No kidding!
Read the manual!

MJE

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Thanks for the link! I wonder how many more would read the manual if they were made a little more relevant in this day & age? Nowadays I should be able to get a PDF of the manual based on my vehicle. You should never see phrases like “if equipped”. That used to be easy enough to determine with stand alone options, but I’ve found myself reading the manual & digging through screens to try to figure out if I’m even equipped for something or not on the explorer. It’s all so unclear in some cases that it starts to feel irrelevant, & I am a manual reader.

The other thing I shouldn’t see, and now I’m really starting to get off topic though, when the car has the ability to display more than an icon, is a wrench. This must be the new check engine light. All the manual can tell you is see your dealer, who can’t tell me anything if it doesn’t stay lit (And it didn’t for me). So I guess it’s fine? Not the thing I want to be guessing on when I have hours of driving in the middle of nowhere to get to civilization.

RSH

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
If you have Ford Pass you can access the owners manual.
Open Ford Pass, click vehicle, click service, click reference guide, click owners manual.

sweetwater

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
First Name
Clif
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Outer Banks
2021 BRONCO SPORT Owner’s Manual
owner.ford.com ford.ca
August 2020
First Printing Litho in U.S.A.
Vehicle shown with a ermarket accessories.
Owner's Manual (PDF)

Last edited:

MaxVelocity

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco

OP
OP

haroldqjr

Outer Banks
First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Outer Banks
I couldn't find it in the manual but I wasn't looking that hard tbh

Reactions: MJE

tRex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Thanks for the link! I wonder how many more would read the manual if they were made a little more relevant in this day & age? Nowadays I should be able to get a PDF of the manual based on my vehicle. You should never see phrases like “if equipped”. That used to be easy enough to determine with stand alone options, but I’ve found myself reading the manual & digging through screens to try to figure out if I’m even equipped for something or not on the explorer. It’s all so unclear in some cases that it starts to feel irrelevant, & I am a manual reader.

The other thing I shouldn’t see, and now I’m really starting to get off topic though, when the car has the ability to display more than an icon, is a wrench. This must be the new check engine light. All the manual can tell you is see your dealer, who can’t tell me anything if it doesn’t stay lit (And it didn’t for me). So I guess it’s fine? Not the thing I want to be guessing on when I have hours of driving in the middle of nowhere to get to civilization.
I have a link on my phone (there is a mobile version) and refer to it anytime I want.

Reactions: MJE

RSH

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
You can get to the owners manual using Ford Pass.
Sponsored