What have you been able to run off the 150W AC adapter? (1.5 Liter engines)

Martinjv71

Badlands
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 BadLands
Just wondering what you have been able to run? (I get anything under 150W LOL) just looking for some examples as some things do not list the wattage on the. It seem pretty weak to me- Just saying.
Sponsored

Benanza

Outer Banks
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Just wondering what you have been able to run? (I get anything under 150W LOL) just looking for some examples as some things do not list the wattage on the. It seem pretty weak to me- Just saying.
Placement of the plug is an issue cause it can't really be in use with a fifth passenger. My old car I got a flat 3' extension ran up under the passenger seat for easy access, but power than becomes the issue. I ended up using it for a plug-in air freshener. This ended up being the best idea ever as it beat everything I've ever tried for auto air fresheners. But on the camping side of things... It is an amazing outlet delivering coffee. Wanna go for a hike and come back to dinner and coffee, it can run a crock pot slow cooker, and coffee maker. It can also power a mattress air pump, no more foot pump that gets you so tired you needed to make a fire start to boil water grab the french press, oh wait my BS Coffee Shop has me covered. All kidding aside it has it's uses but your not bringing the tv and game system on this outlet

omahafordowner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Flex
Placement of the plug is an issue cause it can't really be in use with a fifth passenger. My old car I got a flat 3' extension ran up under the passenger seat for easy access, but power than becomes the issue. I ended up using it for a plug-in air freshener. This ended up being the best idea ever as it beat everything I've ever tried for auto air fresheners. But on the camping side of things... It is an amazing outlet delivering coffee. Wanna go for a hike and come back to dinner and coffee, it can run a crock pot slow cooker, and coffee maker. It can also power a mattress air pump, no more foot pump that gets you so tired you needed to make a fire start to boil water grab the french press, oh wait my BS Coffee Shop has me covered. All kidding aside it has it's uses but your not bringing the tv and game system on this outlet
What kind of coffee maker do you have? Coffee Makers are typically over 5 amps.

OP
OP
Martinjv71

Martinjv71

Badlands
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 BadLands
hmmmmm- That is interesting since mine cannot even power an edge trimmer.

Flash

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
150 watts is 1-1/4 amps and there isn't much that runs at that low amount of current. Maybe an electric shaver would, or a night light but that's about it.

Milehifireguy

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Big Bend
I got a BB so no factory inverter or plug. I was planning on a 300-500 watts inverter that just utilizes a 12v port. Possibly set up a separate battery with solar to run it rather than
150 watts is 1-1/4 amps and there isn't much that runs at that low amount of current. Maybe an electric shaver would, or a night light but that's about it.

ChefDank

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
I don’t think you guys are correct. Unless this freezer from ford uses no power but I highly doubt it. I've blown up my air mattress with the rear plug as well. ?‍♂

Ford Bronco Sport What have you been able to run off the 150W AC adapter? (1.5 Liter engines) Screenshot_20210907-181456_Chrome

magicbus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS BL+BL, Rivian R1T, Sprinter 3500 camper
I used it to run an LED nightlight hoping it would fool the Auto start, but alas, it did not fool the auto start, but it did light the nightlight :like:

Deleted member 4922

VirtualJMills

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I've been wondering if they both run off the same inverter, two 400W inverters or the console a 150 and the rear 400 - which is my uneducated guess.
Looking at `2021-Ford-Bronco-Sport-Owners-Manual-version-2_om_EN-US_01_2021.pdf` print-page 262 through 268 inclusive, I see three fuses relating to power inverter service.

Wiring diagram isn't handy, nor are the inverter module specifications themselves. Initial draw for inverters tends to be high.

Some basic math follows, suggesting that each inverter location is separately fused.

Under-Hood, Fuse 9, which is 60A:

12.6 VDC (engine off) • 60A (fuse) • 0.80 (standard 20% derating) • 0.85 (assumed inverter efficiency) ~= 515 W peak usable output with margins​
11.2 VDC (engine off, battery under stress) • 60A (fuse) • 0.80 (standard 20% derating) • 0.85 (assumed inverter efficiency) ~= 456 W peak usable output with margins​

Under-Hood, Fuse 82, which is 40A:

12.6 VDC (engine off) • 40A (fuse) • 0.80 (standard 20% derating) • 0.85 (assumed inverter efficiency) ~= 342 W peak usable output with margins​
11.2 VDC (engine off, battery under stress) • 40A (fuse) • 0.80 (standard 20% derating) • 0.85 (assumed inverter efficiency) ~= 304 W peak usable output with margins​

Passenger-Compartment Under-Dash, Fuse 6, which is 10A: Likely the control circuitry for enable/disable/overload alerting.

••

EDIT: I'm referencing the downloadable Owner's Manual PDF, I don't •think• there are edition-specific variants of this publication.
Sponsored

Last edited: