What Does "Order Submitted to Plant" Mean?

LegacyXXII

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic LX
Hello everyone,

Does anyone know what it means when my salesman tells me "Your order has been submitted to plant"?

He also let me know what my order number was, but says no VIN available yet.

I ordered Oct. 29th (Badlands, Atlas Blue, Co-Pilot360 Assist+, Premium Package, Moon Roof, Roof-Rail Crossbars, 235/65 R17 tires)

I also asked about the timeline update emails everyone here receives and he says he's never seen them. He ordered an F-150 last summer and claims he never got them either.

I live in Canada if that makes a difference.

Appreciate any help!
Sponsored

TSP Overland

Outer Banks
Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Sport
Hello everyone,

Does anyone know what it means when my salesman tells me "Your order has been submitted to plant"?

He also let me know what my order number was, but says no VIN available yet.

I ordered Oct. 29th (Badlands, Atlas Blue, Co-Pilot360 Assist+, Premium Package, Moon Roof, Roof-Rail Crossbars, 235/65 R17 tires)

I also asked about the timeline update emails everyone here receives and he says he's never seen them. He ordered an F-150 last summer and claims he never got them either.

I live in Canada if that makes a difference.

Appreciate any help!
Hey @LegacyXXII - I've seen this question asked before dating back to 2017 with F-150s. From what I can gather, the "Sent to the plant" phase means that Ford has completed all the necessary paperwork for your Bronco Sport and have it scheduled for production with the factory. The next status should be "In Production". Around that time, you should then receive the VIN #. Let us know if anything changes. :thumbsup:

OP
OP

LegacyXXII

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic LX
Hey @LegacyXXII - I've seen this question asked before dating back to 2017 with F-150s. From what I can gather, the "Sent to the plant" phase means that Ford has completed all the necessary paperwork for your Bronco Sport and have it scheduled for production with the factory. The next status should be "In Production". Around that time, you should then receive the VIN #. Let us know if anything changes. :thumbsup:
Thank you for the excellent reply!

I will contact my dealer next week as they are not open weekends, and update this thread once I have more info so other people who are curious can know too.

Thanks again!
Sponsored