What do you do for a living? What will you use the BS for?

JamesT

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Canyon, Fiat Spider 124, Bronco Sport Badlands

JamesT

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I retired the first time after 20 years in the Air Force. Worked as a radio comm tech for the next 25 years and retired from Black Hills Power about 7 years ago. I now have a part time job as a Broadcast Engineer. I maintain 4 FM and 2 AM stations plus studio equipment. I lost my wife to a liver disease about a year ago so I try to keep busy.

Hobbies include Amateur Radio (since 1968 Call KF0AM), Hunting, fishing, shooting, rock and fossil hunting, hiking, mild climbing, photography, and stamp collecting to name a few. Never bored.

I live out of town with the Black Hills on side and the rugged landscape of western South Dakota on the other. The best areas for what I enjoy doing are seldom easy to get to. Hopefully my BS BL will be up to the task. Always seem to have grandkids out with me in the summer. For work, one FM tower is up on Terry Peak at 7200 ft. Never fails that when it goes down it is during snow storms. Should help there too. According to the reviews, it should be great for trips, as I do a bit of traveling. As for the twisty roads in the Black Hills, I leave that to My Miata (Yee-Ha).
There are several hams on this forum. It will be interesting to compare thoughts about how to install a mobile rig in this vehicle. I reckon you will have a lot of insight to offer. K7JRT

BobH

Badlands
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Miata GT 97 f150 21 BS BL
There are several hams on this forum. It will be interesting to compare thoughts about how to install a mobile rig in this vehicle. I reckon you will have a lot of insight to offer. K7JRT
Already looking at possibilities. Probably going to install a Icom ID-4100.

JamesT

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

dinglehead

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ford Ranger FX4
I spend my time earning money doing VoiceOver for commercial and training videos and marketing pieces and whatnot. The Bronco sport has 100% nothing to do with my work.

However, we spend tons of time in the Appalachian mountains in the summer and winter, and I'm tired of my AWD Pilot sketching me out at some of the places we frequent.