What did you do TO your Bronco Sport today?

Benanza

Outer Banks
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Ford Bronco Sport What did you do TO your Bronco Sport today? PXL_20210921_180832815
Ford Bronco Sport What did you do TO your Bronco Sport today? PXL_20210921_181323204
Ford Bronco Sport What did you do TO your Bronco Sport today? PXL_20210921_181326051

Removed spare tire, gonna eventually get a swing for now roof when I need it.
Dropped in compressor 2 gallon tank with hose attachment (fill tires or use air tools)
Best part turned my baby into a man with these ridiculously obnoxious train horns. Wire tapped the original horn. I can't wait for the dash video of service tech who honks for the service door to open. The things we do for the cars we love ?
Sponsored

jofer

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Sport, '23 2Dr Bronco
1) Is that the "Size K" Lock-n-Load?

2) Do you have the sunroof?
It's the B size. No sunroof, in my case, but there's a fair bit of clearance. I think you would have enough space to operate it even if you did have the sunroof.

VirtualJMills

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
It's the B size. No sunroof, in my case, but there's a fair bit of clearance. I think you would have enough space to operate it even if you did have the sunroof.
Holy hand-grenades, Batman!

The Yakima Lock-n-Load "B" size is substantially larger ... 54" wide x 60" long, compared to the "K" size 49" wide and 55" long.

QUESTION: Can you confirm that the internal centerline supports (front/back first-three cross-bars) for the Lock-n-Load platform are entirely inside the perimeter of the front/sides from a vertical perspective? It looks like "yes" from the photo you posted, but I'd like a sanity check. :)

This is looking like a really nice solution for BS + sunroof, since the TimberLine Towers have enough height to allow the sunroof panel to move around (above the roof surface) but still allow the Lock-n-Load platform to be anchored "close" to the roof (versus indirectly to JetStream crossbars).

Thanks!

VirtualJMills

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
They are! Also, size B is actually what's recommended for the sport by Yakima.
Panorama (sunroof) glass obstructs a big swath of the usable roof space, just sobering to think about in the context of actual measurements. :)

Thank you for the extra photos, answered my question!

Milehifireguy

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Big Bend
I went to the dealership since my sport finally came in but since I got a Tacoma I’m not getting the bronco sport anymore

Ford Bronco Sport What did you do TO your Bronco Sport today? 7A51B2E6-2C20-4DB6-B757-7B54C7C68D5C
You should post where this is so anyone who’s been waiting for one can jump on that! Great looking BS/BL!

Last edited:

MTBabyBronco

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Swapped my BL wheels for a set of Steelies.
Ford Bronco Sport What did you do TO your Bronco Sport today? 1632398845981

Ford Bronco Sport What did you do TO your Bronco Sport today? 1632398815105
Were you able to find used steelies or did you buy them from Ford? These are the only option I wish I had. Would love to get these as well. They look great!

retiredguy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport BB , 2020 Ecosport, 2017 Escape
Were you able to find used steelies or did you buy them from Ford? These are the only option I wish I had. Would love to get these as well. They look great!
I found them on the Marketplace on Facebook. The seller was in Florida. I purchased them on Tuesday. I received the set on Wednesday and had them installed late Wednesday afternoon. They were takeoffs right after the seller took delivery of their BS.
Sponsored