What did you do TO your Bronco Sport today?

Bdub

First Edition
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Where did you get your tint done? I live in the DMV as well.

Did you install the splash guards yourself?

Tint Works Plus in Prince Frederick. I installed the splash guards myself, rears were a bit of a challenge with wheels on.

Bpreston

Badlands
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
No so much what I did to my Bronco Sport today but what I had done to it this week. Been working with a local detailer in Springfield IL to get any of the paint imperfections worked out of it, have a self-healing bra installed, and the whole thing ceramic coated. Came out great:

Ford Bronco Sport What did you do TO your Bronco Sport today? 154939714_1568149060061612_2909954567005381937_o

Ford Bronco Sport What did you do TO your Bronco Sport today? 154744450_1568149103394941_9173798210347648478_o

Ford Bronco Sport What did you do TO your Bronco Sport today? 153814555_1568149130061605_8280587233915241537_o

Ford Bronco Sport What did you do TO your Bronco Sport today? 153915958_1568149180061600_8773970035944289856_o
Has the question been asked as to how much this work ended up costing you for us to get an idea?

OP
OP
MKohlman

MKohlman

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands, Fiesta ST
Has the question been asked as to how much this work ended up costing you for us to get an idea?
I got a pretty good price as the clear bra and some of the other work was a 1st sale for the product on the Bronco Sport, but normally it would have been in the $2k range for all the work.

Bpreston

Badlands
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I got a pretty good price as the clear bra and some of the other work was a 1st sale for the product on the Bronco Sport, but normally it would have been in the $2k range for all the work.
Yowza! That’s a bit out of my price range, but looks great. Impressive for sure.

AltarBoy

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17’fusion
I ordered it today ?. Hopefully it arrives in a timely manner ?

OP
OP
MKohlman

MKohlman

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands, Fiesta ST
Yowza! That’s a bit out of my price range, but looks great. Impressive for sure.
Had my Fiesta ST done when I bought it about 6 years ago. Cost a little bit less back then (what didn't) but it still looks terrific. It's definitely not cheap but I tend to keep my cars for a long time.

JamesT

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Canyon, Fiat Spider 124, Bronco Sport Badlands
I have meant to share what I have done during my first three weeks with our BL+BL.

Paint Protection front, headlights, door edges and cups, and front window tint. Here are some pix of how well this looks. The paint protection shop had cutting patterns for the Bronco Sport so did not use Ford's more expensive kit.
Ford Bronco Sport What did you do TO your Bronco Sport today? IMG_3925[1].JPG

Rear bumper protection. Becuase we have a dog who jumps up and down. The Paint Protection guys applied this for me since it must be at least 65 degrees to apply and that isn't happening in Seattle any time soon.
Ford Bronco Sport What did you do TO your Bronco Sport today? IMG_3918[1].JPG

Mud flaps front and back. (Front required drilling a few holes; rear was easy, even for me!)
Ford Bronco Sport What did you do TO your Bronco Sport today? IMG_3920[1].JPG

Deflating the tires to 33 PSI (cuz Ford ships them with way too much air!). Also got the Viair inflator for when I need to go the other direction.
Ford Bronco Sport What did you do TO your Bronco Sport today? IMG_3929[1].JPG

Yakima Jetstream crossbars (much better than Ford bars in my opinion) and a Yakima Megawarrior basket (lighter than LockNLoad which is important due to moonroof restrictions). The Megawarrior fits well. While not listed in accessories.ford.com, my Ford dealer got it for me at a cheaper price than anywhere else.
Ford Bronco Sport What did you do TO your Bronco Sport today? IMG_3922[1].JPG

TGL Hitch Step. I like this. Has been helpful to get up higher and like the fact it can be used as a rear tow hook. Also added the Curt hitch lock and the StowAway Hitch Tightener to make sure the TGL does not rattle.
Ford Bronco Sport What did you do TO your Bronco Sport today? IMG_3915[1].JPG

Cargo Area Protector for Full Size Spare. Has a lower mat and protectors for back of rear seat, encompassing the rear in rubber. (see the "dog" reference above).

Tent. I also bought the Napier Sportz SUV tent from my Ford dealer and the awesome, comfortable, lightweight, and insulated Kingdom Sleep System 40 air mattress from REI.

Finally, for now, I have decided that I kinda like the white letters on the Cactus Gray. :) I'm gonna keep that for now.

That's all for now.

Still trying to figure out how to go forward with mounting my mobile radio & antenna. That is a project for a bit warmer time.

I'm happy for suggestions.

Zooke

Big Bend
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I have meant to share what I have done during my first three weeks with our BL+BL.

Paint Protection front, headlights, door edges and cups, and front window tint. Here are some pix of how well this looks. The paint protection shop had cutting patterns for the Bronco Sport so did not use Ford's more expensive kit.

Rear bumper protection. Becuase we have a dog who jumps up and down. The Paint Protection guys applied this for me since it must be at least 65 degrees to apply and that isn't happening in Seattle any time soon.

Mud flaps front and back. (Front required drilling a few holes; rear was easy, even for me!)

Deflating the tires to 33 PSI (cuz Ford ships them with way too much air!). Also got the Viair inflator for when I need to go the other direction.

Yakima Jetstream crossbars (much better than Ford bars in my opinion) and a Yakima Megawarrior basket (lighter than LockNLoad which is important due to moonroof restrictions). The Megawarrior fits well. While not listed in accessories.ford.com, my Ford dealer got it for me at a cheaper price than anywhere else.

TGL Hitch Step. I like this. Has been helpful to get up higher and like the fact it can be used as a rear tow hook. Also added the Curt hitch lock and the StowAway Hitch Tightener to make sure the TGL does not rattle.

Cargo Area Protector for Full Size Spare. Has a lower mat and protectors for back of rear seat, encompassing the rear in rubber. (see the "dog" reference above).

Tent. I also bought the Napier Sportz SUV tent from my Ford dealer and the awesome, comfortable, lightweight, and insulated Kingdom Sleep System 40 air mattress from REI.

Finally, for now, I have decided that I kinda like the white letters on the Cactus Gray. :) I'm gonna keep that for now.

That's all for now.

Still trying to figure out how to go forward with mounting my mobile radio & antenna. That is a project for a bit warmer time.

I'm happy for suggestions.

I have the Ford Cross bars and they are in a lock position and sit incredibly high SOAKING up wind. Do you think the ones you have sit lower while still clearing the moon roof? My rack also has an 18inch extension on it which I'm wondering is too long and allowing air to go underneath and through vs. over. Your expertise would be most appreciated :)
Ford Bronco Sport What did you do TO your Bronco Sport today? Bronco w: Rack

Crippsjr

Outer Banks
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I noticed that only the 60" cross rails come up when you add the BS on most websites. Has anyone had a bad experience installing the 50" Yakimas or 53" Thules? I am trying to shorten up the length of them, but don't want to compromise their capacity.

JamesT

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have the Ford Cross bars and they are in a lock position and sit incredibly high SOAKING up wind. Do you think the ones you have sit lower while still clearing the moon roof? My rack also has an 18inch extension on it which I'm wondering is too long and allowing air to go underneath and through vs. over. Your expertise would be most appreciated :)
Ford Bronco Sport What did you do TO your Bronco Sport today? Bronco w: Rack
Yes, the Yakima racks sit lower and still the moonroof opens. I bought through through the Ford dealer. There is a bit of wind noise but not terrible.

JamesT

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I noticed that only the 60" cross rails come up when you add the BS on most websites. Has anyone had a bad experience installing the 50" Yakimas or 53" Thules? I am trying to shorten up the length of them, but don't want to compromise their capacity.
These are the ones I got: https://accessories.ford.com/kit-luggage-rack-12884.html#2021/Bronco Sport. They seem to fit the BS well. Yes, extend a bit but not terrible and does seem to give good options.
Sponsored