What did you do TO your Bronco Sport today?

Elegance

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Those Gatorback splash guards are very nice but man are they expensive!
Yeah man. Your girl did some wheeling and dealing with my first "big city" dealership I bought the Big Bend from. I got them to throw in the splash guards and fender flares for free. Otherwise, I probably wouldn't have them. They really are great quality though.
Sponsored

el_barto

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 NotaFord
So finally got around to doing my first oil change... However, being I'm apparently one of the few peeps who does NOT own his own car lift... per YouTube...lol

I had to finagle a way to:

A) be able to fit under the vehicle... and

B) make that work with a titled driveway...

Bingo... Harbor Freight to save the day ; )

I did to want to go as high as your typical car ramps, but also did want to have to jack up each side and place stands underneath either.

Whalla, saw these bad boys... RV levelers.. Just the right amount of pitch to counter the slight tilt that is my driveway and bingo...

I not only fit under the car to remove my skid plates and access the drain plug, etc.. but also the vehicle is level as a consequence. Which, makes me feel better about draining the oil completely.

All in all a good day for the Baby Bronco! Ha!

Ford Bronco Sport What did you do TO your Bronco Sport today? tempImagehm0ZqN

Ford Bronco Sport What did you do TO your Bronco Sport today? tempImagedoJHH3
PST…they sell ramps. They usually give you about 8-10” of clearance and have a flat spot on top with “curbs” to help prevent it from rolling off :)

Last edited:

Andy_m

Big Bend
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS BB
Where did you purchase from?
The one I got is the 2 inch cravenspeed stubby jr on amazon, it's listed as compatible for the Ford Ranger '19-'22 but fit nicely on the BS

cgreen5150

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
PST…they sell ramps. They usually give you about 8-10” of clearance and have a flat spot on top with “curbs” to help prevent it from rolling off :)
He said he didn't want to go as high as a typical car ramp. I'm guessing he's aware that they sell ramps.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
He said he didn't want to go as high as a typical car ramp. I'm guessing he's aware that they sell ramps.
Plus, ramps are a pita! Those looked like they worked great for him.

cgreen5150

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
I am continuing to create a pile of things in my garage for the BS.
  • Air design fender flares
  • Air design rock/bug deflector
  • HRG lift kit
  • Hood struts
  • LED’s for the tail lights
  • Cargo organizer
  • Lug nuts
  • Wheel spacers
  • Brake pads
  • Blue scan OBDII port reader
At this rate the pile of stuff for the BS is going to occupy the space for the BS before it arrives. I’m looking at wheels/tires which will take up a lot of space. The Amazon shopping list is still pretty long too.

Edit: I forgot a couple more things.
Curious as to why you have brake pads for a new vehicle. What are you upgrading to?

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition
Curious as to why you have brake pads for a new vehicle. What are you upgrading to?
Given all the reports of noisy brakes and horrible brake dust buildup, I decided I would do a pre-emptive strike and just replace them right out of the box. I purchased PowerStop pads from Rock Auto which came to a total of $111. I will be working on the BS when it comes anyway installing the lift and probably new wheels/tires, so replacing brake pads shouldn't add more than an hour to everything I'm doing.

GulfCoastBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Topher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Second tire rotation. I run 235/65/18 technically a 30” tire. I specifically asked for inspection of rubbing as I still see many people saying 29.5” is max. The rep at @Discount Tire informed me they would double check but that what he saw on his end that their data told them max tire height was 31.1” just throwing that out there for anyone who wants the info

NEFKANO

Badlands
First Name
NEFTALI
Threads
Reaction score
Website
neftalicano.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Yup I know... but I didn't want to raise this higher than necessary to facilitate the oil draining out.

Opinions vary as to whether a vehicle need to be level or doesn't matter... so opted for level.

With these RV levelers and the title I already have on my driveway it worked out perfectly. Allowed me to crawl under and also leveled the vehicle... a win win

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition
Second tire rotation. I run 235/65/18 technically a 30” tire. I specifically asked for inspection of rubbing as I still see many people saying 29.5” is max. The rep at @Discount Tire informed me they would double check but that what he saw on his end that their data told them max tire height was 31.1” just throwing that out there for anyone who wants the info
People aren’t just saying that 29.5” is the safe maximum, it is the truth. You have not experienced any rub on a tire that is technically a 30”. Now that tire may be just a little on the small side and maybe you just haven’t had a heavy suspension compression while turning the steering wheel hard to the side that is heavily compressed. If the tire is going to rub, that is when it will happen. At 29.5” (or somewhere around there) you are safe in all steering inputs and suspension compressions. So, if your tire actually measures a little more like a 29.8”, that might be the true limit but it means that anyone that wants that has to buy the exact same tire model you have to make them fit.

A bigger tire will fit on the BS but in certain conditions it will have a rub (without modifications). The bigger the tire, the more circumstances that rub will happen.

NEFKANO

Badlands
First Name
NEFTALI
Threads
Reaction score
Website
neftalicano.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
OK test fitting the stuff we all want to slam on top of our cages and crossbars and then complain about a loss of 2-3 mpg/s hahaha

But hey it looks cool...lol

My recovery boards and an old, all-weather gun case I decided to be used as a poor mans ROAM case... just need to place my awning kit and some other tools that will get dirty and better placed outside of the Bronco...

This case is a generic one so attachment will be nothing fancy... a mix of U-bolts and ratchet straps... no t-bolts... that's for fancy people...heheheh

Doing my best to keep the cool factor and the aerodynamic factors...balanced here : )

Ford Bronco Sport What did you do TO your Bronco Sport today? IMG_7126

Ford Bronco Sport What did you do TO your Bronco Sport today? IMG_7128

Ford Bronco Sport What did you do TO your Bronco Sport today? IMG_7129

JOJEJA

Outer Banks
First Name
Jo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Wash and wax with my new suite of Chemical Guys products (including my new foam cannon)! The Bronco looks like I just drove it off the lot. Whoever buys this when my Badlands comes in, I hope you appreciate my elbow grease.

Did it during the witching hour because Arizona, but I can hardly wait to see it in the sunlight.
Ford Bronco Sport What did you do TO your Bronco Sport today? 20220731_200942
Looks like we are on the same train. Mine built the day before and shipped the same day.
Sponsored