What did you do TO your Bronco Sport today?

Jumbo1953

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Complete wash job inside and out.
Sponsored

AmazingSieve

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands
Went ahead and got the tires today.

Discount Tire was apparently phasing out the Falken Wildpeak AT/3W so I went ahead with the Falken Wildpeak AT/4Ws. I'm sure I could've gotten a more exciting tire or something less common but I'm not a tire nerd but I do know the Falkens are known to be rock solid. Hard to go wrong with them.

If people want to know what caused me to finally get these....and because I know everyone likes a story....what finally did it is ....I was driving in the mountains just SW of Conifer, CO when I was going downhill and there was a left turn coming up. I noticed there was a sheen on the ice and thought to myself hmmm....that normally means there's ice there....crap thats probably ice....so gently tap on the brakes, much earlier than I normally would for this turn, and the car immediately locks up and the ABS is going crazy. Which would be fine but it’s not slowing my down quickly enough but it is keeping me going straight as intended. So here I am on an icy road, almost locked up, certainly not slowing down quickly enough and careening towards this left hand turn and the guard rail is getting closer and closer and oh fuck I'm gonna hit it, starting to get resigned to my fate, frantically trying to regain traction meanwhile pumping the brakes so as not to engage the ABS and I finally regain control, and I’m in the left lane, thankfully there was no oncoming traffic about the guard rail is still about 50yds away. Certainly not the first time, far from its I’ve had issues with the ATRs on ice.

Looking forward to getting these out this weekend. I know they're not a cure for ice but I'm hoping there's more grip there.

Ford Bronco Sport What did you do TO your Bronco Sport today? IMG_7161

Ford Bronco Sport What did you do TO your Bronco Sport today? IMG_7159

Last edited:

ScareCrow

Badlands
First Name
Burl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS/Badlands
Went ahead and got the tires today.

Discount Tire was apparently phasing out the Falken Wildpeak AT/3W so I went ahead with the Falken Wildpeak AT/4Ws. I'm sure I could've gotten a more exciting tire or something less common but I'm not a tire nerd but I do know the Falkens are known to be rock solid. Hard to go wrong with them.

If people want to know what caused me to finally get these....and because I know everyone likes a story....what finally did it is ....I was driving in the mountains just SW of Conifer when I was going downhill and there was a left turn coming up. I noticed there was a sheen on the ice and thought to myself hmmm....that normally means there's ice there....crap thats probably ice....so gently tap on the brakes and the car immediately locks up and the ABS is going crazy. Which would be fine but it’s not slowing my down quickly enough but it is keeping me going straight as intended. So here I am on an icy road, almost locked up, certainly not slowing down quickly enough and careening towards this left hand turn and the guard rail is getting closer and closer and oh fuck I'm gonna hit it, starting to get resigned to my fate, frantically trying to regain traction meanwhile pumping the brakes so as not to engage the ABS and I finally regain control, in the left lane, thankfully there was no oncoming traffic about 50yds away from the left turn.

Looking forward to getting these out this weekend. I know they're not a cure for ice but I'm hoping there's more grip there.

Ford Bronco Sport What did you do TO your Bronco Sport today? IMG_7161

Ford Bronco Sport What did you do TO your Bronco Sport today? IMG_7159
Yeah, I hate those butt pucker moments, glad you are Ok!

I change my tires every 5 years, don't really drive as much anymore. But the Falken Wildpeak AT/4Ws are on my list. Love the falken's that came with my Badlands, no complaint's.

rocks

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OBX, '23 HR-V EX-L wife's