What dealer markups did you get on your Bronco Sport?

VapourTrails

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW
I picked up my new Bronco Sport Badlands today. The finance guy tried hard to push me into an extended warranty package and rust undercoating. What's the consensus on such add ons?
Sponsored

SM05

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Badlands, 2021 RAV4 TRD Offroad

Stitch50

Base
First Name
AK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport / Ram 1500
I picked up my new Bronco Sport Badlands today. The finance guy tried hard to push me into an extended warranty package and rust undercoating. What's the consensus on such add ons?
My dealer tried to push an extended warranty, and tire packages. When I declined both he said I’m the “1%” that denies warranties. ?‍♀ I’m perfectly happy being in that exclusive club! To each their own though. Everyone has different opinions.

Rkers

Big Bend
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
My dealer tried to push an extended warranty, and tire packages. When I declined both he said I’m the “1%” that denies warranties. ?‍♀ I’m perfectly happy being in that exclusive club! To each their own though. Everyone has different opinions.
He was fibbing lol! No way do a majority buy extended warranty.

retiredguy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport BB , 2020 Ecosport, 2017 Escape
Besides extended warranty, dealer was pushing a tire and wheel warranty if I hit a pothole, bend a rim, etc. I told him I'll save my money and take my chances.

Bdub

First Edition
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
I paid $395 for the paint and interior protection package for several reasons. I don't have a garage/carport. Bald eagles, osprey and geese tend to target my car with their crap (although I do love watching them fly over-not the geese though). I traded a Subaru several years back and my car's value was dinged pretty hard by "environmental damage" to the paint. $395 was a necessary expenditure for me. I think list price was close to $800 but my dealer made it easy and I didn't have to negotiate.

broncobuster2550

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Something slow
I paid $395 for the paint and interior protection package for several reasons. I don't have a garage/carport. Bald eagles, osprey and geese tend to target my car with their crap (although I do love watching them fly over-not the geese though). I traded a Subaru several years back and my car's value was dinged pretty hard by "environmental damage" to the paint. $395 was a necessary expenditure for me. I think list price was close to $800 but my dealer made it easy and I didn't have to negotiate.
What's actually included with that package? Do they apply a ceramic paint coating, or clear bra?

OP
OP

VapourTrails

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW
That should pretty much tell you everything you need to know. It's your money though.
Yes I declined the lot. Didn’t really want them spraying sludgy undercoating which just adds weight to the car and I’ll take my chance on extended warranty.

Stitch50

Base
First Name
AK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport / Ram 1500
He was fibbing lol! No way do a majority buy extended warranty.
I’m a female in my twenties, and my boyfriend wasn't at the dealer with me, so I know he was trying to take advantage of my money! I’m a female so obviously I’m gullible and fall for everything right? ???

Washburn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford Escape Limited AWD / 2005 BMW 330Ci ZHP / 2014 Mazda6 Touring
I paid $395 for the paint and interior protection package
what's included in this INTERIOR protection package?

tRex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
The usual consensus I read/hear/have seen myself is that virtually *nothing* among these add-ons -- especially coming from the money person -- is worth anything, and -- that beyond the repair shop this is the highest profit center for the dealership. (Financing itself is a big profit center also -- why they will try and steer you away from mfr. and toward their own arranged bank financing.) The less-reputable will also include fake "service" fees that add nothing to your value -- they add nothing but "we want more money for this vehicle" profit for the dealership.

McBrideless

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Lesabre
A pitch like that would guarantee I never return to that dealer. That’s either 1. A straight up lie. Or 2. Tells me that their cars are really unreliable that everyone thinks they need an extended warranty.

Crippsjr

Outer Banks
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Have always been amazed at this process. Spend an hour with the dealer who tells you why it will be the most reliable car you can find, then have him walk you to the manager's office after you commit to buy for the manager to tell you all the things that will go wrong with the vehicle.

Willow

Big Bend
First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport - Kodiak Brown; 2008 Mustang GT
I’ll add to this thread. After the sales person you will always go to finance. That person basically said it was her job to offer the options. I get it. I have always not taken any of these, except for this time. I bought the GAP insurance since I did not put anything down on the purchase. My purchase was not supposed to happen until July/August but my truck was giving me issues so I bought early. If my BB got totaled in short order I would not get enough from insurance to pay the loan. This takes care of that.
Sponsored