What cleaning products are you using on your interior and leather seats?

A_griff11

Outer Banks
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Looking to get a supply list together to give my new bronco it’s first cleaning.

what products are recommended for dash, doors, console, etc. are you using that same product on the seats? What about the suede-like leather at the top of the seats/headrest?

appreciate the recommendations
Sponsored

Idontknow

Badlands
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cross trek and grand caravan

fistpumpbruh

Badlands
First Name
Karson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus ST st3
I feel like Saddle Soap and a good leather conditioner would do the trick but everything I've ran into online says Saddle Soap is a no-go. A lot of threads I've seen say any general purpose cleaner followed by a leather conditioner will do great.

Most leather in my life are boots. I would assume leather is leather and the care of which (depending on the type) would be universal, but now I don't actually know.

EDIT: Did a little research, turns out Saddle Soap is good for uncoated/undyed/raw leather, but depending on the dyes used in autos, it could end up reacting to the dyes in the seat and cause irreparable color damage.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
What about suede top part on Badlands leather seats? Can anyone comment about doing anything with the suede? Will it discolor if leather cleaner gets on suede part?

Idontknow

Badlands
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It’s not recommended to use a leather conditioner on the type of “leather” they use for the seats in the bronco. All you will have is a greasy mess sitting on top of the protective coat on the seat material.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
I use this on my "16 F150 and my old '14 CRV. Worked great in those other vehicles. Anyone use this on sport leather seats?

Ford Bronco Sport What cleaning products are you using on your interior and leather seats? PXL_20211214_004644743

Idontknow

Badlands
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The best thing you can do for the seats is vacuum and use an all purpose water based interior cleaner. Use something like a horse hair brush if you have a stain you need to work out. Then use microfiber cloths to wipe the seats clean.

fastlax16

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport Badlands, 2019 VW Golf R
Haven't used it on the leather in my sport yet but I really like chemical guys leather cleaner. Doesn't leave things greasy. I don't use any conditioners but most automotive leather doesn't need it as its coated, as mentioned.

I also really like Adam's rubber mat and liner cleaner for the all weather mats, rubber floors and the trunk, gets things clean but doesn't make things slippery and their interior goo for nooks and crannies. I've found the texture material on the dash and door cards a bit of a pain but whats worked best have been Adams interior wipes followed up quickly by a thicker microfiber.

Last edited:

SportWest

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Sport Badlands
Hope's Perfect Glass for cleaning the interior glass. The best glass cleaner I've found for removing that film that builds up on the inside.

Caliope

Outer Banks
First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS OBX, 2019 Ranger Lariat Screw
I have used a fine washable detergent like Woolite diluted in a spray bottle and a soft toothbrush to gently remove the blue dye rubbed off on the 'leather' seats in my '15 Escape and '19 Ranger. Both have the stone interior. Also makes the interior smell good as well. I sprayed the solution on, gently scrubbed with the tooth brush, and wiped off with a microfiber towel. Looks like brand new.