First Edition
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Hi guys,
I took delivery of my Area 51 First Edition last week, and this week I took a roadtrip across the country. My initial impressions are that I am very impressed, it is an extremely comfortable car to roadtrip with. The suspension made most imperfections in the road almost unnoticeable. From highway driving I managed to average 25 mpg. Feel free to ask any questions you might have on what the car is all about!
Ford Bronco Sport Went on a 1300 mile roadtrip in my Bronco Sport FE! I will answer questions. Snapchat-1370876462
Sponsored

Last edited:

Bdub

First Edition
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Hi guys,
I took delivery of my Area 51 First Edition last week, and this week I took a roadtrip across the country. My initial impressions are that I am very impressed, it is an extremely comfortable car to roadtrip with. The suspension made most imperfections in the road almost unnoticeable. From highway driving I managed to average 25 mpg. Feel free to ask any questions you might have on what the car is all about!
Would you have liked to have had the capabilities of Assist + on your road trip?

VapourTrails

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW
Hi guys,
Does the suspension seem a bit floaty and soft for highway driving?

OP
OP

Jcrafoord

First Edition
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Does the suspension seem a bit floaty and soft for highway driving?
In my opinion no, the only time I feel like the suspension is a bit too floaty is when I am rapidly accelerating, the car is surpsingly responsive at highway driving. As for softness, I was never expecting it to have a firm suspension due to what it was designed for, but it does not feel too soft. Just soft enough for it to be a very comfortable ride!

OP
OP

Jcrafoord

First Edition
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Would you have liked to have had the capabilities of Assist + on your road trip?
I know the features and capabilities of Assist + from other vehicles I use, but do not feel like I missed it much, I suppose it is a personal preference. Especially on long roadtrips when a majority of it is open roads, I never felt like I missed or would have even used the features it gave me compared to the standard cruise control. If my driving was mostly on semi congested highways I would love to have it.

COBronco

First Edition
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
I know the features and capabilities of Assist + from other vehicles I use, but do not feel like I missed it much, I suppose it is a personal preference. Especially on long roadtrips when a majority of it is open roads, I never felt like I missed or would have even used the features it gave me compared to the standard cruise control. If my driving was mostly on semi congested highways I would love to have it.
To clarify as I am expecting delivery of my FE imminently... it does not have a built in navigation system - correct?

Geojive

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
How was the drivers seat? Does the seat have the lumbar support feature like the Escape?

OP
OP

Jcrafoord

First Edition
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
To clarify as I am expecting delivery of my FE imminently... it does not have a built in navigation system - correct?
It does have Apple Carplay and Android Auto but no built in system.

OP
OP

Jcrafoord

First Edition
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
How was the drivers seat? Does the seat have the lumbar support feature like the Escape?
Yes it has lumbar support. I think the drivers seat is great, in many cars my lower back gets tired but drove 12 hours only stopping for gas with no problems. The part of the seat you sit on is very soft but still supportive enough!

Geojive

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Yes it has lumbar support. I think the drivers seat is great, in many cars my lower back gets tired but drove 12 hours only stopping for gas with no problems. The part of the seat you sit on is very soft but still supportive enough!
this is good to know. We travel to Colorado about once a year and the drive really wears on your back. The lumbar support feels really good on the escape. I imagine the internals are the same.

Ultraspaz

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Badlands
Hi guys,
I took delivery of my Area 51 First Edition last week, and this week I took a roadtrip across the country. My initial impressions are that I am very impressed, it is an extremely comfortable car to roadtrip with. The suspension made most imperfections in the road almost unnoticeable. From highway driving I managed to average 25 mpg. Feel free to ask any questions you might have on what the car is all about
Which driving mode did you use predominantly? I'm curious if the Eco mode would make any significant difference in mileage.