Well that's it.... We've had it with Ford and this Bronco Sport

sajohnson

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands ordered 12/17/2021 - Arrived 3/25/22
We purchased our 2021 BS/BB 1 hour south of us in N.C. because none of the local dealerships had one in stock in a color my wife wanted. We have it serviced at the local dealership 10 minutes from us & have never asked if we purchased it from them or give us any problem when we need work done on it. I worked for 25 years in various jobs in new car dealerships for most of the major manufacturers & mostly all of them have the service advisors ask if the customers bought the cars from them. I never understood this practice, what difference does it matter where they bought it? Business coming in is making money for the dealership no matter where the owner bought it.
That has been my experience. It is good to have it backed up by someone with 25 years in the business.

You asked, "...what difference does it matter where they bought it?" What I've heard, from a variety of sources over decades, is that warranty work pays less -- for both parts and labor. If the service dept has open bays, they probably will not mind doing warranty repairs, but if they are booked weeks in advance with 'ordinary' retail customers, they will look at warranty work as a LOSS.

Something else I've heard (not nearly as often) is that there are dealerships that focus primarily on sales. Their service dept is minimal, and they count on customers taking their vehicles to other dealerships. Again, the other dealers should not care if the vehicles are out of warranty -- money is money -- but if the selling dealer is essentially farming out most of their warranty work, that could cause hard feelings.

Bottom line, the mfrs are not paying enough for warranty work, and the customers are stuck in the middle.
Sponsored

Jumbo1953

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Would everyone please stop complaining and purchase their next Ford in Tiffin, Ohio. Best Ford dealership in the USA. Best service department in the USA.

Mahargmot

Outer Banks
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 bronco sport / 1994 ford f150
My favorite is when the service adviser states that if they don't get 5 stars (rating), then they failed. Trying to make me feel guilty over a survey means you should not offer me one.
Had this happen after buying mine , GM of dealership called me asking why I didn't give a 5 out of 5. And I replied because the situation wasn't a 5 out of 5 ?

RushMan

Badlands
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Shadow Black Badlands
Had this happen after buying mine , GM of dealership called me asking why I didn't give a 5 out of 5. And I replied because the situation wasn't a 5 out of 5 ?
I tell them "You have to earn it and you did not!" Be bold and tell them like it is.
They also tell me that giving them less than 5 stars will affect their paycheck and career advancement. My response is the same, "you have to earn 5 stars to get 5 stars."

Last edited:

Mahargmot

Outer Banks
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 bronco sport / 1994 ford f150
I tell them "You have to earn it and you did not!" Be bold and them them like it is.
They also tell me that giving them less than 5 stars will affect their paycheck and career advancement. My response is the same, "you have to earn 5 stars to get 5 stars."
If I'm buying a vehicle from them it shouldn't effect anything. That's on them. Ive never been made to feel bad over a review in my life until I went to ford

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
but others are contrary by nature, fanboys/girls, or outright trolling.
Do you have an example of this here on broncosportforum.com?

If a person has something bad happen in their life, like having their dog die at an early age because of cancer, the last thing they want to hear is, "Well, MY dog is 12 years old and still plays catch! You just picked the wrong puppy. Sucks to be you.
Unless you think people who post their positive experiences do so out of malice, I don't think this is a good comparison. For example, I've seen posts here from users relaying their positive experiences in response to a question (i.e., anyone else experience such and such?) Further, some users never post anything except their negative experiences (examples on this forum abound), and generally speaking there is far more negative posts than positive. As a Bronco Sport owner I believe I have a vested interest (resale value) in providing readers who may be doing research ahead of a used car purchase more than negative experiences.

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
My experience majority of Ford dealers have absolute terrible service even before COVID. Most of them either don't care, are incompetent, or combination of the two. But there are some, not many, that have good service. My father in law had a local Lincoln dealer do warranty work on his Mustang. He won't take his car anywhere else he is thrilled with the service from that dealer.

So yeah we are gonna get ppl chime in here I love Ford my dealer is great because there are good ones out there. But most Ford dealers do not want to do warranty work and just hope you go away and never come back.
I don't think this is even limited to Ford dealers. Car dealerships, in my experience, are a bit like realtors. You rarely, if ever, find one that you want to deal with twice.

BravoAlpha

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Expedition MAX Silverado Z71
This. ^^

On almost all forums (not just this one) there are people with a variety of experiences. Most are valid.

Unfortunately, when forum members post about a negative experience, there are frequently one or more members who, instead of being understanding/sympathetic, seem to take delight in relaying their 'most excellent' service experience, in which everyone everyone at the dealership was friendly and competent; they were given a new vehicle of their choice as a loaner; the repair work was done early; their vehicle was thoroughly detailed; and they were given a foot massage. :cool:

Some who report positive experiences are just trying to provide a counter-point, but others are contrary by nature, fanboys/girls, or outright trolling.

If a person has something bad happen in their life, like having their dog die at an early age because of cancer, the last thing they want to hear is, "Well, MY dog is 12 years old and still plays catch! You just picked the wrong puppy. Sucks to be you.

Yes, there are some good dealers but they are the exception that proves the rule.
would you prefer everyone feel as lousy? not A dead dog…. Or wait…A dead cancer puppy. I don’t think a single person has ever said something like that.

I think many folks express their good experiences as encouragement… as in hang in there and don’t give up there are good service departments and enjoyable ownership experiences out there.

Some people, when they feel slighted or wronged (in reality or their own minds) get angry take to the internet, add a sprinkle of exaggeration and sensation, and proceed to stir up some outrage. My Bronco is dead and everyone else’s will be too! This is the world we live in now.

JohnT.106

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport Base
Seems to be alot of issues with first year vehicles , there been like 7 or 8 recall already on my base model , and a failed water pump at 16k miles , over all though i still enjoy the BS

wireman

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
We purchased our 2021 BS/BB 1 hour south of us in N.C. because none of the local dealerships had one in stock in a color my wife wanted. We have it serviced at the local dealership 10 minutes from us & have never asked if we purchased it from them or give us any problem when we need work done on it. I worked for 25 years in various jobs in new car dealerships for most of the major manufacturers & mostly all of them have the service advisors ask if the customers bought the cars from them. I never understood this practice, what difference does it matter where they bought it? Business coming in is making money for the dealership no matter where the owner bought it.
10-4
Here in SoCal there are so many dealers it's common to buy from a dealer who has what you want, not from the local dealer who doesn't.

In the past 10 years, my car buying has not been from my local dealers except for my wife's used 2022 GLC 300. Purchased at a dealer 70 miles away and my local MB dealer does the service work with no complaints.

Bought a new 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee in the Salt Lake city area and drove it home.
No issues from my Local Jeep dealer when servicing or warranty work.

Bought a used 2018 Escape Titanium in Henderson Nevada. No problem with my local Ford dealer for service or warranty work.

Bought a used 2020 Audi Q3 in the Sacramento area, No issues with my local Audi dealer.

Bought my 2021 Badlands used from a local Jaguar dealer. It was a trade in. My local
ford dealer never questioned where I bought it.

Again, it's probably different in my area because of all the dealers. In other parts of the country the situation varies.

Would your local dealer prefer that you bought it from them, probably.

It's hard to understand why a dealer would turn away service & warranty work just because you didn't buy from them. If that's the case, they need a new manager.

bwater01

Big Bend
First Name
brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco sport
With regard to the black screen, OP and others…..
did they fix your problem or at least figure out the cause?
I’ve had the exact problem plus the issues with cruise/ rear seat fault message. all kinds of electronics disasters.
I asked for help a few weeks ago from the Ford people who post on here.. all they did with my vin was tell me there was no recall and suggested extended warranty..
Somebody mentioned replacing the “ APIM”
Has anyone gotten resolution to these nightmarish issues ??

OP
OP

kapk22

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport, 2021 Jeep Wrangler
With regard to the black screen, OP and others…..
did they fix your problem or at least figure out the cause?
I’ve had the exact problem plus the issues with cruise/ rear seat fault message. all kinds of electronics disasters.
I asked for help a few weeks ago from the Ford people who post on here.. all they did with my vin was tell me there was no recall and suggested extended warranty..
Somebody mentioned replacing the “ APIM”
Has anyone gotten resolution to these nightmarish issues ??
I believe they replaced the A1Pin (or whatever it’s called). The screen works now, but it does show that “internet connection lost” periodically. There were a few things my wife noticed that were upgraded as well. I will have to ask her. From what I remember them telling us, they had to order the new module (A1Pin) which took a few days.

Is your BS still under warranty ?

gatornek

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport; 2016 Mustang 2.3
10-4
Here in SoCal there are so many dealers it's common to buy from a dealer who has what you want, not from the local dealer who doesn't.
Is Cal Worthington still around??

"Don't you buy NO ugly truck!" 😂
Sponsored