Warpious

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.floracreekplace.com
Vehicle(s)
'08 Merc Mariner, 2012 Mustang (R.I.P), 2022 BS BL
Running errands today and we're hearing a weird sound mainly in parking lots so low speed sounds like it's coming from I think the steering column. It's like a motor or whirl or growl. No warning lights but kind of odd. I'll try to get a video, it doesn't sound like anything I've hear in other threads that I could find. Any random guesses?
Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Running errands today and we're hearing a weird sound mainly in parking lots so low speed sounds like it's coming from I think the steering column. It's like a motor or whirl or growl. No warning lights but kind of odd. I'll try to get a video, it doesn't sound like anything I've hear in other threads that I could find. Any random guesses?
Hello! Go ahead and send us a private message with your VIN and the name and location of your preferred Ford dealer. I’ll look into this noise concern for you. Thank you!

760Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
https://www.broncosportforum.com/forum/threads/on-this-episode-of-is-this-noise-normal.2574/
It’s a well known problem for the bronco sports, I believe the fix is to disconnect the manual park release cable or something. Ford doesn’t seem to have a fix right now so dealerships are telling everyone it’s normal lol….
Mine makes the same noise and vibrates pretty bad at around 1500ish RPMs under certain loads. It’s the worst in parking lots when I’m putting around 11 or 12 mph or when it downshifts under moderate acceleration.

OP
OP
Warpious

Warpious

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.floracreekplace.com
Vehicle(s)
'08 Merc Mariner, 2012 Mustang (R.I.P), 2022 BS BL
https://www.broncosportforum.com/forum/threads/on-this-episode-of-is-this-noise-normal.2574/
It’s a well known problem for the bronco sports, I believe the fix is to disconnect the manual park release cable or something. Ford doesn’t seem to have a fix right now so dealerships are telling everyone it’s normal lol….
Mine makes the same noise and vibrates pretty bad at around 1500ish RPMs under certain loads. It’s the worst in parking lots when I’m putting around 11 or 12 mph or when it downshifts under moderate acceleration.
That makes sense as she made a comment about the parking break before the sound started. Everything you just described is what's happening so as long as it's not killing the car I feel better.
Sponsored