musicman1700

Base
First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Base
So I recently purchased a bronco sport base model. Everything was fine for the first 200 or so miles but this grinding noise keeps coming up every time I accelerate and let go of the gas pedal. I feel like it may be the turbo but I’m not a mechanic unfortunately..I took it to the dealer and they said as long as it’s not affecting the drivability that I shouldn’t worry about it. Should I worry or not?? HELP!!
Sponsored

omahafordowner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Flex
So I recently purchased a bronco sport base model. Everything was fine for the first 200 or so miles but this grinding noise keeps coming up every time I accelerate and let go of the gas pedal. I feel like it may be the turbo but I’m not a mechanic unfortunately..I took it to the dealer and they said as long as it’s not affecting the drivability that I shouldn’t worry about it. Should I worry or not?? HELP!!
Correct, you should always ignore warning signs of something possibly being wrong until something actually breaks and you get stranded on the highway.
I suggest you take it for a second opinion.

OP
OP
musicman1700

musicman1700

Base
First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Base
Correct, you should always ignore warning signs of something possibly being wrong until something actually breaks and you get stranded on the highway.
I suggest you take it for a second opinion.
Should I take it to another mechanic or back to the dealer?? My only concern is that with the dealer they’ll just leave it and say nothing is wrong..

ZeroCool

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Absolutely take it in bro. I had a loose shift cable that was rattling around and it sounded awful but wasn’t a big deal. Dealer heard it, fixed it. Make an appointment, let them take care of it, and love the new ride.

ZeroCool

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
I would take it to the dealer you bought it from. I ended up taking mine to a different one simply because my dealer that I purchase from was an hour and 20 minutes away but the dealer people were nice, and they drove the car and heard what I heard and they fixed it.

OP
OP
musicman1700

musicman1700

Base
First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Base
Absolutely take it in bro. I had a loose shift cable that was rattling around and it sounded awful but wasn’t a big deal. Dealer heard it, fixed it. Make an appointment, let them take care of it, and love the new ride.
What did the loose shift cable sound like??

OP
OP
musicman1700

musicman1700

Base
First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Base
Sometimes rattling sometimes grinding, I think probably related to vibration of engine at different rpm. I also noticed it around the same point you did. Very early on. Here this is what I got from the dealer.

Ford Bronco Sport Weird Knocking/Grinding-ish Noise 13CA32E8-E0D1-4980-A91E-7448CF97E755
This is exactly what I needed! Thank you so much!
Sometimes rattling sometimes grinding, I think probably related to vibration of engine at different rpm. I also noticed it around the same point you did. Very early on. Here this is what I got from the dealer.

Ford Bronco Sport Weird Knocking/Grinding-ish Noise 13CA32E8-E0D1-4980-A91E-7448CF97E755
perfect! Thank you so so much for your help! One more question. Was it only on certain gears or was it throughout the whole shifting pattern?

ZeroCool

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Just like the paper says acceleration deceleration 1 to 3000 RPM.

steelerfanellie

Base
First Name
Ellie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport

steelerfanellie

Base
First Name
Ellie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
I'm having the same issue, a loud grinding noise twice when sitting at red light yesterday. This also happened a few days ago when I was stopped, and put vehicle in reverse to back into my garage. Sounds like a tranny issue and seems to happen when I have the anti-spam function turned off. It is loud and sounds like gears grinding.
I didn't have this occur until after a few months of driving it, about 800 miles. Any advice?

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
Should I take it to another mechanic or back to the dealer?? My only concern is that with the dealer they’ll just leave it and say nothing is wrong..
You need to find another dealer asap. Simple test drive another new one. If it don’t do it you got your proof but still your dealer allowed the service department to drop the ball.
Move up the chain of command !
FWIW, My Base model has more than 15,000 miles on the clock. It’s really really quiet,

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
I gave the same problem. Absurd crunch sounds, generally at lower speeds and turns.
Good Morning! If you could send us a Private message with your VIN and dealership name and location, I would like to look into your braking issue.

AlpharettaOuterBank

Outer Banks
First Name
kdawg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outer bank
You need to find another dealer asap. Simple test drive another new one. If it don’t do it you got your proof but still your dealer allowed the service department to drop the ball.
Move up the chain of command !
FWIW, My Base model has more than 15,000 miles on the clock. It’s really really quiet,

what was the result
Sponsored