Weird creeking/rattle noises driver side on acceleration and deceleration between 0-35 mph (0-50 km/hr)

FordGuy

Outer Banks
First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Only have 600 kms on the vehicle and I've got the dreaded rattle and creaking sounds from the driver side, in front of the dash. I also get a fluttering/rattle round when I hold at a certain speed around 20mph (35 km/hr)

It's a 2022 Bronco Sport and the Park Release Cable part number on it is LX6P-7P437-AE. So I think that's the older part?

I tried to test it by just popping it off with my hand from the transmission, but the same noises remained….
Although just popping off the connector doesn't make sense to stop a noise since its still installed in the vehicle. Anyone play around with this release cable to see what's actually causing the noise?
Sponsored

ceeg03

Big Bend
First Name
Carynn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Did yours happen to sound anything like my video attached? Fun fact I had to get a whole new transmission in my 2022 BS about 5 months after buying it. I’m working towards getting accept by the Lemon Law folks at Ford Company.

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport Outer Banks Area51
Did yours happen to sound anything like my video attached? Fun fact I had to get a whole new transmission in my 2022 BS about 5 months after buying it. I’m working towards getting accept by the Lemon Law folks at Ford Company.

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport Outer Banks Area51
Did the replacement transmission fix the noise? If so, you might have difficulty getting a lemon law actment. They (Ford) have three tries to repair the same issue before a lemmon law can be inforced.

ceeg03

Big Bend
First Name
Carynn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
No this noise happened after it being replaced

Dude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Only have 600 kms on the vehicle and I've got the dreaded rattle and creaking sounds from the driver side, in front of the dash. I also get a fluttering/rattle round when I hold at a certain speed around 20mph (35 km/hr)

It's a 2022 Bronco Sport and the Park Release Cable part number on it is LX6P-7P437-AE. So I think that's the older part?

I tried to test it by just popping it off with my hand from the transmission, but the same noises remained….
Although just popping off the connector doesn't make sense to stop a noise since its still installed in the vehicle. Anyone play around with this release cable to see what's actually causing the noise?
I don’t know if what you posted is the older part but here is some info. There may be a even newer part than the one listed here:

Manual Park Release Cable:

This cable runs from transmission by air filter box, under battery, through firewall, then to lower left hand dash. Hoses on top of transmission make the park release cable hard to see.

SSM 51184
2020-2022 Escape/Corsair, 2021-2022 Bronco Sport - Hiss Or Rattle Noise While Driving - Manual Park Release Cable Some 2020-2022 Escape/Corsair vehicles built on or before 17-May-2022 and 2021-2022 Bronco Sport vehicles built on or before 25-Feb-2022 may exhibit a hiss or rattle noise while driving. This may be due to an internal issue with the manual park release cable. If the noise is eliminated when the cable is disconnected from the transmission, install a new manual park release cable assembly LX6Z-7D246-T. Refer to the Workshop Manual (WSM), Section 307-05 > Automatic Transmission
External Controls > Removal and Installation.

Also:
Noise is very noticeable around 25mph:
SSM 50274 - 2021 Bronco Sport - Hiss Or Rattle Noise While Driving - Manual Park Release Cable. Some 2021 Bronco Sport vehicles may exhibit a hiss or rattle noise while driving. This may be due to an internal issue with the manual park release cable. If the noise is eliminated when the cable is disconnected from the transmission, install a revised manual park release cable part number LX6Z-7D246-S following Workshop Manual (WSM), Section 307-05.

AlpharettaOuterBank

Outer Banks
First Name
kdawg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outer bank
Mine makes a noise, sound like the windsheild moves when i break or something. LoL

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Mine makes a noise, sound like the windsheild moves when i break or something. LoL
Hi there – send a message to us with your VIN and approximate mileage, along with some more details about your situation. I’ll look into this for you. Thanks!
Sponsored