Weather stripping in doors to stop whistling at high speed?

Gadget

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
My daughter and I took at drive to Salt Lake City from our place in Idaho this past week. For most of the 10 hour drive the speed limits are a generous 80mph. I was going a steady 85mph during the day but I noticed a consistent high pitch whistle when I hit roughly 84mph or more. Both she and I thought it was coming from each of our respective doors as if maybe the weather stripping was not up to the task. Is there anything recommended to beef up the weather stripping in the door?
I noticed on searching for this topic that those with cross-bars experience whistling noise, but I don't have cross bars.
I know I don't typically drive this fast, but I do expect to drive through Montana and Utah a bit more, and now that we heard it, we could not "unhear" it even with music on.
Otherwise it was a really great rig to handle the long drive, the rain and the snow we went through!
(BTW, at those speeds I was getting from a low of 22mpg to a high of 24mpg)
Sponsored

Geelloo90042

Badlands
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport-Badlands
Yes, me too. At higher speeds wind noise is more noticeable especially from the front window pillars. I think it's because the inherit design of the car. I don't think more weather strips would help, but if it works for you that's good. I never drove a jeep so I wonder if they experience the same.

OP
OP
Gadget

Gadget

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
True, it could be just the way it is. If so, I'm OK with that. In fact, it is snowing today, roughly 6 inches so far and I'm thinking of places I could go just to drive in it. LOL
Sponsored