We love our BS.... but name one thing you dislike about it

Tigerj

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Escape XLT Sport 3.0
Not sure if this is what you're looking for, but someone on here popped their back bench out: https://www.broncosportforum.com/forum/threads/remove-rear-bench-seat-from-bronco-sport-how-to.1893/

No, I know this can be done as all seats can be removed one way or another... What I am referring to is that on the Escape, you can pop the seat up (It was split btw), and there is a small yellow lever that you lift up and you slide it out from its bracket...Real simple...

Also what was nice is that the back seat covers had zippers on them..You could easily remove them and toss them in the wash for cleaning!

This is what I am referring to...

Ford Bronco Sport We love our BS.... but name one thing you dislike about it 1647900795213

Last edited:

JamesT

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Canyon, Fiat Spider 124, Bronco Sport Badlands
After going to the off roadeo road in TX, I love this car. Living in Seattle, I miss rain sensitive wipers. The sound deadening fabric underneath driver side is dumb and is too easy to tear if you go over anything. I really wish you could get some rock sliders to protect it.
I love how easy it was to install a mobile radio. But hate the access to fuse box.

John2Names

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger
I've only had mine for a few weeks now, but not being able to permanently turn off auto start stop is the biggest thing I've found so far. I know there's a 3rd party adapter, but I shouldn't need to.
If you turn it off every time your mileage will suffer.

John2Names

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger
I miss the Homelink I had in my Ranger. Hate having to use a garage door opener all the time.

GR3EN

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Outer Banks
If you turn it off every time your mileage will suffer.

Haven't seen that happen this far. At about 25.5 mpg and thats with usually 30mins of idle every day at work. So not doing too bad at all with it off.

Greensweater

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
On a recent road trip, ice built up in the joint of the driver side windshield wiper, impacting contact and impairing my vision. It took a pitstop at a rural Ford dealership and a thorough service manager to locate the problem and fix it. Either a rare freak occurrence or a stupid design flaw.

And, the verdict is out on the placement of the windshield washer nozzles. Protected or difficult to find?

Otherwise, I absolutely love driving my BL.

fog53

Big Bend
First Name
ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
No programmable garage door opener. Inaccurate tire pressure monitors-always show about 3 pounds less than actual tire pressure even after running thru the "calibration" sequence. That my iPod Classic won't sync

Last edited:

DISCOLEG

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Hate that my off-road vehicles did not came with passenger side deflector on the bottom. Hitting mud or anything is loud as hell on the passenger side only.

Tamztrk

Outer Banks
First Name
Tamra
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Bugs me that the hatch didn't have a powered open option. Also bugs me that it's sync 3 and not sync 4, plugging in your phone is a pain for every day driving and so I never do it unless I'm on a road trip. I wish the roof antenna was a bit more flush, I admit that I've already broken it once. The USB plug in the center console should tie into the sync system, or maybe one in the glove box to plug in a USB stick for an MP3 library. The Vehicle should come pre-wired for a hitch setup, usually it's pretty easy to just buy the hitch kit and plug into a harness in the rear, that is not there on the sport.

But the biggest thing that bugs me, why can't the car start in the goat mode that it was last set on? It's annoying to pop it into ecomode everyday for daily driving.
Resetting GOAT mode for sure! I really need it to remember my last setting because I can’t be trusted to. It’s the only car I’ve had without a power hatch and a homelink button for the garage door.
But she’s PRETTY! And I love her ?

AlohaBronco

Big Bend
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Honestly, the most I hate about it is car culture itself. Any time I try to talk about the bs online or off, queue the deluge of certified cool guys "That's just an Escape! How pissed were you when the full size Bronco came out? GIIIRRRLLLSS CAAAAARRR" I swear, car enthusiasts are the most insufferable subculture of them all; no matter what car you have, a big chunk of people are going to viciously hate on it. At leasts nerds and gun nuts can be civil some of the time lol

Tom 5778

Outer Banks
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cyber Orange OB, Factory Five Racing roadster
I don’t understand why things like Homelink and self dimming rear view mirror that are almost universally available on other cars are available only on higher trim levels or as part of an expensive package. Homelink was an option on my 2013 BRZ but was a low cost stand-alone option. Not having auto dimming mirror is like a throwback to the 1960s when mirrors had the day/night flip switch.

I was a little perturbed at the deletion of little things like temperature readouts on the knobs, engine cover, and so on. I’m sure some of it is because of ongoing supply chain issues. A neighbor who is a career Ford employe (in finance) said first year cars are often over engineered and seeing little things drop off in the second year is not unusual. Don’t have to like it, but…

tRex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I'm adjusting to most of the oddities but there is two I do Not like about ford's. Stereo volume controls either on the back side of the steering wheel or on the right side of the wheel would be much preferred. A stalk for cruise on the right would be choice also. I'm so annoyed with having to take my left hand off the wheel and look down to find these buttons. Then they changed up the volume buttons from up being on top of down to them being side by side. Very inconvenient to me.
I think I can get used to most of this sort of changes, but -- the button layout on the wheel is not completely logical (there is only so much real estate) AND, there is almost no FEEL to help you find and press the correct buttons when you need them. I HAVE learned some of them (memory and touch -- sort of), but it's still not quick and easy. More like a mental map image, and then stepping-stone approach to find and press the correct button for what I want. Not the best!
Sponsored