Big Bend
First Name
Jessie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Hey Fellow Bronco Owners,

I am at a complete loss and getting super frustrated with Honolulu Ford on the status of my 2021 Bronco Sport Big Bend! I took my car in EARLY for it's oil change last Thursday & it was also due for it's 18K mile service. They said it would be 2 hours and then all of a sudden it was 6 hours later with no word from them. I had to ask in a text and they said "Tech is diagnosing your water pump, because we found it empty with no coolant. Will take longer than expected." No update then I called them at the end of the day to ask what was going on and they said that I needed a part, never specific on what part, that only Ford is making and it's going to take A MONTH AND A HALF to get here. They said they would try to help me get a rental they would over up to 10 days of the 30-45 day's I'd be without my almost brand new car. I have asked 3 times now for clarification on what the exact issue is with the car so I can do my own research or find the part somewhere else if they aren't giving me the time of day and i've been blown off every time.

I love my car and want it back so bad! I know this was mostly a rant but if anyone has any information on this issue, getting the dealership to cover a rental car for the full period or anything at all I would appreciate it more than you know

Ford Bronco Sport Water Pump - Won't be drivable till mid December Screen Shot 2022-11-07 at 10.18.22 AM
Sponsored

IdahoDirtFarmer

Big Bend
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 ordered '23 sport
Do they have any other broncos in their lot? Tell them they need to pull a water pump off if it and install it in yours until the new part arrives.

RiotfunK

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands
This is a typical wait on Ford parts

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
At 24,000 miles a leaking water pump diagnosis was given.
Pump comes in two days later.
Pump goes in with my 25k oil change service.
A three hour wait.
I waited, but if I wanted a free loaner I could have one from the demo fleet.
Yours is not how my dealer operates.

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition
At 24,000 miles a leaking water pump diagnosis was given.
Pump comes in two days later.
Pump goes in with my 25k oil change service.
A three hour wait.
I waited, but if I wanted a free loaner I could have one from the demo fleet.
Yours is not how my dealer operates.
Unfortunately, it is probably entirely coincidental that your dealership was able to source the pump so quickly. This is not a problem at the dealership level, they have no effect on part availability.

NMhunter

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS Badlands
My son-in-law's F-150 is waiting for a chip. It has been two months already. My daughter went in and said they were going to give her a loaner, or she was going to sue them. She left with a 2022 Explorer. I know you want your car, but at the very least they should give you a vehicle to replace it.

TSP Overland

Outer Banks
Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Sport
Hey Fellow Bronco Owners,

I am at a complete loss and getting super frustrated with Honolulu Ford on the status of my 2021 Bronco Sport Big Bend! I took my car in EARLY for it's oil change last Thursday & it was also due for it's 18K mile service. They said it would be 2 hours and then all of a sudden it was 6 hours later with no word from them. I had to ask in a text and they said "Tech is diagnosing your water pump, because we found it empty with no coolant. Will take longer than expected." No update then I called them at the end of the day to ask what was going on and they said that I needed a part, never specific on what part, that only Ford is making and it's going to take A MONTH AND A HALF to get here. They said they would try to help me get a rental they would over up to 10 days of the 30-45 day's I'd be without my almost brand new car. I have asked 3 times now for clarification on what the exact issue is with the car so I can do my own research or find the part somewhere else if they aren't giving me the time of day and i've been blown off every time.

I love my car and want it back so bad! I know this was mostly a rant but if anyone has any information on this issue, getting the dealership to cover a rental car for the full period or anything at all I would appreciate it more than you know
Hey @Jessie.anela ! Sorry to hear about this. Is there any update you can give? Was a solution found? While issues do happen on new cars, better communication from the dealer while they have your car would put a lot more owners at ease. Not to take away from your sub-par experience, but these electric water pumps have been repeat offenders with BS ownership woes.

https://www.broncosportforum.com/forum/threads/failed-water-pump.4086/

RSH

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
There are two water pumps on the dragon engine, which is the bad one, the engine water pump or electric auxillary water pump?

The majority of my socal local dealers have the engine water pump in stock but not the electric auxillary water pump.

Engine water pump gasket : Item is currently on back order. Contact Your Dealer to check on part availability.
Auxillary water pump: Most parts available next business day.

If the engine water pump is the problem, you could possibly get expedited shipping to get it sooner, unfortunately the gasket is on back order as mentioned above.
Sponsored