Water inside liftgate glass.

Ribby5117

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford
I am getting water on interior of my pop up liftgate glass. Especially in car wash. I've also had it happen while raining. Anyone else experiencing this?
Sponsored

AltoAlto

Outer Banks
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Focus
yeap, I have had this after washing the car. No idea on how to address it other then don't pop open the window when it raining out.

OP
OP

Ribby5117

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford
I was reading that applying some silicone to weather strip may help. It's very worrisome. Should not happen. Terrible

yaya

Badlands
First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco sport
I had same problem and I just had the dealership fix it .still under warranty for 36000 mi .they replaced the seal

Kraken23

Badlands
First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS BL
I am getting water on interior of my pop up liftgate glass. Especially in car wash. I've also had it happen while raining. Anyone else experiencing this?
I did. Mine ended up being the coiled cord for the rear defroster was getting caught under the weather stripping. Had to unplug it from the connector then “curl” it in such a way that it didn’t do it anymore. After that no more water inside.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Hi there! Would you send us a private message with your VIN and dealership name and location? I’d like to look into this concern on my end.

OP
OP

Ribby5117

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford
I did. Mine ended up being the coiled cord for the rear defroster was getting caught under the weather stripping. Had to unplug it from the connector then “curl” it in such a way that it didn’t do it anymore. After that no more water inside.
Thanks. I didn't think of that. Normally I pay attention to the cables, because I know some day they will be dried up and useless or disconnected. I really don't use that window. I find it more annoying because I don't use it because of the coiled cables.
Sponsored