Jmuns

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport BL
I love stuff like this. Let’s make EVs mandatory because they are better for the environment yet the lawmakers have no clue how batteries are made and also don’t understand how energy is created. Same concept here. Let’s have people drive on more “fuel efficient” tires that will probably wear faster which means tire companies have to make more tires. Wait till they find out tires are made from rubber and see how rubber is made.

BourbonRunner

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I love stuff like this. Let’s make EVs mandatory because they are better for the environment yet the lawmakers have no clue how batteries are made and also don’t understand how energy is created. Same concept here. Let’s have people drive on more “fuel efficient” tires that will probably wear faster which means tire companies have to make more tires. Wait till they find out tires are made from rubber and see how rubber is made.

Politicians are never elected because of their extensive expertise on issues.

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport Outer Banks Area51
Remember all you registered voters....you can cast lawmakers from office.

I'm betting this never gets passed.

cprcubed

Big Bend
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Cyber Orange BS BB, 1997 Ford F250 HD 7.3 PSD
If passed, Oregon and Idaho border tire shops should see an increase in sales! Stuff like this isn't needed as the "environmentally conscious" folks already have those types of tires available for purchase. Cheers!

Chiefthepup

Big Bend
First Name
Colt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
If passed, Oregon and Idaho border tire shops should see an increase in sales! Stuff like this isn't needed as the "environmentally conscious" folks already have those types of tires available for purchase. Cheers!
I’m 3 hours away and I will definitely make the drive to Oregon. Plus no sales tax 😂

curtcady

Outer Banks
First Name
Curt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Outer Banks
Tires wearing out faster just increases the dependency on fossil fuels, and increases pollution to the environment.

I have stopped many well intentioned (giving credit to their passion) environmentalists in their tracks discussing waste / garbage / plastics, just asked them where the rubber wearing off from their tires goes....

BourbonRunner

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport

I wish I shared your optimism, but having chaired and sat on my local and state board of Realtors legislative committees for the past 5 years I don't have any faith that the reasonable elected officials of the formerly fine state of Washington will be out shouted and out voted by the representatives of the DPRS. Because climate change.

Barry S.

Big Bend
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport

You get what you vote for. Everybody moans and groans and, after election day, the same miscreants are still in office.

Tigger

Heritage
First Name
Tigger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
I am in Seattle right now and here are two problems:
1) we’ve been driving from Portland,OR and through a lot of Washington. Two things that have been non-stop are hills/mountains and rain. I prefer a high-resistant (aka:safe) tire in these conditions.
2) there are a lot of electric and hybrid vehicles (at least compared to my part of Illinois). They weigh more. See 1) in reference to safety and stopping distances of tires.