w/ + w/o tow hitch

essentialemployee

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet Tahoe
I’m just now realizing that some do not have tow hitch installed. So I’m guessing you have to add the tow package to have the hitch configuration. Although this might be obvious to others I’m still learning.

EAA23A1D-83DC-4946-8B6A-49893C506D1A.jpeg
D1623C2C-819A-4CE4-BA35-3C2BCB5FC8CD.jpeg

JamesT

Badlands
First Name
James
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus, GMC Canyon, Fiat Spider 124
I’m just now realizing that some do not have tow hitch installed. So I’m guessing you have to add the tow package to have the hitch configuration. Although this might be obvious to others I’m still learning.
Right, the tow package is standard on the First Edition and is an option on the others (at least Badlands). Definitely something i added.

2Horse

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, 2012 Ford Fusion
When I see the Bronco Sport in the wild such as in these photos, I always wonder where they were manufactured. It would be nice to think that some test vehicles would be made in the factory in Mexico once they are retooled for the Bronco Sports and before they begin production in earnest. Anyone know where these are coming from? Isn’t it difficult to manufacture a particular vehicle in several different factories?

TXArchitect

First Edition
First Name
Kent
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Need BL or FE With the better HP to really be able to tow decent weight. Trailer Class II At those trim levels can do the 2,200 LBS. Smaller engine option cannot handle much in tow.

OP
essentialemployee

essentialemployee

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet Tahoe
Need BL or FE With the better HP to really be able to tow decent weight. Trailer Class II At those trim levels can do the 2,200 LBS. Smaller engine option cannot handle much in tow.
According to the brochure, the big bends and and outer backs will tow 2000 lbs with tow package. The tow package is not an option on base so if you want a hitch on base you have to go aftermarket is what I’m getting at..

JamesT

Badlands
First Name
James
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus, GMC Canyon, Fiat Spider 124
Do you suppose the tow package includes wiring? Or is that something you have to do later?

Bdub

First Edition
First Name
Bryan
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Subaru Forester XT
Does the tow package include a transmission cooler?

North7

Badlands
First Name
North7
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
When I see the Bronco Sport in the wild such as in these photos, I always wonder where they were manufactured. It would be nice to think that some test vehicles would be made in the factory in Mexico once they are retooled for the Bronco Sports and before they begin production in earnest. Anyone know where these are coming from? Isn’t it difficult to manufacture a particular vehicle in several different factories?
Yes, the test vehicles were made at the factory in Mexico.

All Bronco Sports are being manufactured at one single factory, the Ford Mexico factory.

The F-150 is manufactured at 3 factories as they need the larger volume.