Sobieski

Big Bend
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport - AKA Mulder
Hello all, on very wind days i experience a vibration in the center of the floor on the drivers side. It is right above the box mounted beneath the vehicle. The box seems to be very secure to the vehicle, but has a number of rubber hoses attached that are not all that secure. I thought that the feeling was the shield flapping onto the box and the vibration transmitting to the floor, so I added a couple of two inch foam strips to the box to cushion the shield from the box. The box already has a rubber strip so you know an engineer designed it to stop the shield from making contact with the box. The feeling however persists. I am no thinking that the box being the only thing directly below the point of vibration is transferring motion from something that is wiggling and my plan of action is to minimize the vibration to the floorboard by adding a couple of rubber washers to the screws holding the box to the floor. I will let ya know what I find out. Anyone else feeling this?
Sponsored

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
I can feel it somedays especially when itā€™s windy and Iā€™m driving at a relatively fast rate. Itā€™s an occasionalā€¦ā€¦what the hell was that sound.

Tigger

Heritage
First Name
Tigger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Yes and my answer is same as above. When Iā€™m going 80+ and especially if there is a cross wind.

Luckily, this happens mostly on the open road so I put my feet out the window while on cruise control. šŸ˜œ

But on a legit note, it is interesting we each have different Sports but we have each experienced it.

Petroph

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FX4 F150
When Iā€™m going 80+ and especially if there is a cross wind.
Ford Bronco Sport Vibration driver's side floorboard 4854_pepe_police

On a side note, if I drove 60+ in my older Jeep Patriot the car would shake itself apart haha. šŸ˜…

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Hello all, on very wind days i experience a vibration in the center of the floor on the drivers side. It is right above the box mounted beneath the vehicle. The box seems to be very secure to the vehicle, but has a number of rubber hoses attached that are not all that secure. I thought that the feeling was the shield flapping onto the box and the vibration transmitting to the floor, so I added a couple of two inch foam strips to the box to cushion the shield from the box. The box already has a rubber strip so you know an engineer designed it to stop the shield from making contact with the box. The feeling however persists. I am no thinking that the box being the only thing directly below the point of vibration is transferring motion from something that is wiggling and my plan of action is to minimize the vibration to the floorboard by adding a couple of rubber washers to the screws holding the box to the floor. I will let ya know what I find out. Anyone else feeling this?
Hey there! I can look into your Broncoā€™s vibration concerns on my end if youā€™d like. Will you send us a private message with your VIN and dealership info?

AndyMac204

Base
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Base / 1988 Dodge Power Ram w150
i feel it too on windy days on the highway. i think it's one of the felt 'skidplates' flapping in the wind. just a guess, but that's my thought.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
i feel it too on windy days on the highway. i think it's one of the felt 'skidplates' flapping in the wind. just a guess, but that's my thought.
My thoughts too. But do the other trims have these on the drivers side?

brynamic

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Yep, Iā€™ve noticed this also. Mostly road trips or 70+ highways outside the city where the wind seems to hit the vehicle at the perfect angle.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Yep, Iā€™ve noticed this also. Mostly road trips or 70+ highways outside the city where the wind seems to hit the vehicle at the perfect angle.
Hi there! Will you send us a message with your VIN and your local Ford dealer? I can look into things on my end.

PonyDriver43

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mustang EB Premium, 13 F150 Lariat, 18 Tahoe
Is that the plastic fuel evaporator canister (expensive) some have reported cracking when hit by rocks or other stronger than plastic items? It has numerous hoses connected to it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Sobieski

Sobieski

Big Bend
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport - AKA Mulder
Is that the plastic fuel evaporator canister (expensive) some have reported cracking when hit by rocks or other stronger than plastic items? It has numerous hoses connected to it.
Not sure what it is but I bet I could remove it in less than 60 seconds without crawling under the vehicle.
Sponsored