ChesterBronco

Base
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 2-dr stick
In my life I have set off vehicle alarms twice, going back to the `70s. Since I have had this motor vehicle (22 Bronco Base stick) I set it off every coupla days. I open the door, hit the lock button, exit the motor vehicle, close the door & the alarm screams. The key fob is hanging from a biner on a belt-loop, it is not hitting nor rubbing anything. Am I being overly simplistic expecting to just lock the door with the button and exit the vehicle? This seems weird.
Sponsored

OP
OP

ChesterBronco

Base
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 2-dr stick
My procedure since 1970s is as you state: lock it by hitting the power lock button on the door.
I close the door. two to three times per week, these simple actions cause the alarm to blow.

Adam CW

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
There is no need to lock the door before exiting the vehicle.

You should lock the vehicle by using the key fob, touching the door handle or SecuriCode pad on the door pillar after you have exited and closed to door.

I have had three Fords with the same lock system as my Bronco Sport and never experienced an issue.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
My procedure since 1970s is as you state: lock it by hitting the power lock button on the door.
I close the door. two to three times per week, these simple actions cause the alarm to blow.
Did you just agree with yourself?

Barry S.

Big Bend
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
In my life I have set off vehicle alarms twice, going back to the `70s. Since I have had this motor vehicle (22 Bronco Base stick) I set it off every coupla days. I open the door, hit the lock button, exit the motor vehicle, close the door & the alarm screams. The key fob is hanging from a biner on a belt-loop, it is not hitting nor rubbing anything. Am I being overly simplistic expecting to just lock the door with the button and exit the vehicle? This seems weird.
It has never happened to me. I exit the car with the key fob in my pocket, close the door and then press the lock on top of the door handle. I don't use the inside lock button. Give that try and see if it makes a difference,

OP
OP

ChesterBronco

Base
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 2-dr stick
Did you just agree with yourself?
No. I responded to somebody else, but evidently according to your response, I did so incorrectly. As I have never been on any forum before, I apologize if I did not follow the almighty "rules."

Repool

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fusion '08
Best way to set alarm is on key fob, or by pressing the 7-8 an 9-0 lights on the pillar of drivers side.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
No. I responded to somebody else, but evidently according to your response, I did so incorrectly. As I have never been on any forum before, I apologize if I did not follow the almighty "rules."
K, no disrespect or offense meant. The only rules I know of on this forum are stay on topic, avoid personal attacks, try to be helpful, and have some fun. I suspected that you had answered a different post which had been subsequently deleted, but when that happens it looks like the person is talking to themselves, which is kinda funny to me because I do it all the time.

Again, no disrespect meant. Peace!

RSH

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
This is from the owners manual:

Security - Anti-Theft Alarm
ANTI-THEFT ALARM

The system will warn you of an unauthorized entry to your vehicle. It will be triggered if any door, the luggage compartment or the hood is opened without using the key, remote control or keyless entry keypad.
The direction indicators will flash and the horn will sound if unauthorized entry is attempted while the alarm is armed.
Take all remote controls to an authorized dealer if there is any potential alarm problem with your vehicle.
Arming the Alarm
The alarm is ready to arm when there is not a key in the ignition. Electronically lock the vehicle to arm the alarm.
The message indicator flashes when theft protection is active.
Disarming the Alarm
Disarm the alarm by any of the following actions:
Unlock the doors or luggage compartment with the remote control or keyless entry keypad.
Switch the ignition on or start the vehicle.
Use a key in the driver’s door to unlock the vehicle, then switch the ignition on within 12 seconds.
Note: Pressing the panic button on the remote control will stop the horn and signal indicators, but will not disarm the system.
2022 Bronco Sport Owner's Manual.

BigBadWolf

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport 2004 Mustang GT Convertible
Does the Ford Pass app give you any indication of an alarm being activated?

BigBadWolf

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How do you install the perimeter plus system? Thank you Mark for the reply. I have had to park my Bronco Sport aways way from me and I want it protected as much as possible.

Last edited:

BigBadWolf

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ok watched a youtube review of this and maybe I don't want to know.
Sponsored