tRex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Beast! Looking into a lift myself but want to let the market develop itself a little more first. Maybe in a year or so.
More options are continually being developed -- everybody wants *in* on the Bronco Sport! There will be failures, and some will rise above, so waiting is not a bad strategy. I'm a little wary of the "level lift" that barely lifts the back end, as you need full articulation back there as well, even thought no steering is involved. Some lift the rear only 3/4" and still they're mounting big tires all around, I worry about that. I'm thinking a 1" lift (someday, maybe) and either 245/65-17's or 245/70-17 -- that's it. It can get a little ridiculous far beyond that for this little SUV -- IMHO.

OP
OP
Fossil

Fossil

Badlands
First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10 Raptor, 95 SVT Mustang 5spd, 95 SHO 5spd
More options are continually being developed -- everybody wants *in* on the Bronco Sport! There will be failures, and some will rise above, so waiting is not a bad strategy. I'm a little wary of the "level lift" that barely lifts the back end, as you need full articulation back there as well, even thought no steering is involved. Some lift the rear only 3/4" and still they're mounting big tires all around, I worry about that. I'm thinking a 1" lift (someday, maybe) and either 245/65-17's or 245/70-17 -- that's it. It can get a little ridiculous far beyond that for this little SUV -- IMHO.
I never bought in on the level lift fixation. If I lift it will be for ground clearance exclusively and won't "short" myself at the rear when loaded or towing. An inch of body lift and a half inch of tire lift would do me fine and should be everyday drive-able with minimal bad habits.
There's this one rocky stream I need to cross ;) It's a non event in my Raptor but will sell that some day.

playdohpy

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Love how genuinely enthusiastic Vaughn and Eric are about the BS and pushing capability outside of what everyone is expecting out of it. I think the challenge of pushing something less capable through more difficult terrain is more fun than just taking the most capable, tricked out off roader to cruise through trails. At the end of the day it's all about having fun in what you have!

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
I feel this was the first good video that actually showed what the BL can do.
When it waved, lifted the right front I would have feared a roll over and steered left but that driver had no issue.
Great video.

zer0t

First Edition
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 C63s AMG, 2019 Raptor
A friend forwarded me this link and it sealed my desire to get one of these. I’d like to do a small net lift like this and the a tune. I don’t want to diminish the ride quality too much after ditching my Jeep for the FE because the wandering ride was awful—there were other reasons too.

I knew these small SUVs would be capable but not quite like this.
Sponsored