BroncoBruce21

Badlands
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I found that the HD radio upgrade was not available for my Badlands unless I also added the +$2,595 Badlands Package (which includes many other options including power moonroof, brown leather seats, B&O sound system, etc). Since I wanted cloth seats, I opted against the add-on package and stuck with standard AM/FM radio. I'm wondering if HD radio is still possible to add or enable now that I have the vehicle, without completely swapping out the stereo controls?
Sponsored

Zolutar

Outer Banks
First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport OB+, 2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
You would need a new ACM module with the HD function from a compatible donor and Forscan to properly program the new module to your VIN and trim since the HD radio is only found on the B&O ACM.
There are also some vendors online who sell these upgrade kits but can be very expensive.
There are a number of posts on fordescape.org of the process on the Escape which is a shared platform as the Bronco Sport.

So to summarize, yes it's possible, but its either a fair bit of work and know how, or very expensive.

Excape

Outer Banks
First Name
Reg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
That is unfortunate that HD Radio is only available with the B&O system. It is on my wife's non-Bose mid-trim 2020 CX-5 and my older GM truck. I would hardly consider HD Radio a luxury item in 2021.
Sponsored