Outer Banks
First Name
savo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Edge SEL, 2014 Patriot, 2021 Bronco Sport OB
To reset the head unit do this:

Press and hold the audio on button (located in the center of the volume knob) along with the next track button (the one with the arrow pointing to the right) until the display screen goes dark-then release both buttons.

SiriusXM should recover.
I will try that and report back. I didn't even think to look for a reset sequence
Sponsored

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Yeah, I've definitely gained some confidence using the USB. I still don't get why some software only has 1 file and some have like 8 associated with the updates. I think everyone should get a handy USB stick dedicated to the Bronco because it beats the wi-fi method speed by days. Days!
That's exactly what I did. They are so cheap anymore. And I usually run the update on a 30 min drive or whatever and boom...done. wifi is sketchy at best here...we have one provider and they are terrible

thesavo

Outer Banks
First Name
savo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Edge SEL, 2014 Patriot, 2021 Bronco Sport OB
I started up this morning and no issue with satellite radio. It must have just needed some time out.

V8 Yankee

Outer Banks
First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport
Because Ford chooses to disable Travel Link, and a lot of connected phone apps, while Sync 3 is updating maps. Wi-Fi connected downloads take literally tens of hours to complete. Its faster to do it by USB, but you may have to idle the engine for up to 2 hours (or go for a long drive with no Nav functions).
Hello, I downloaded the complementary 3.4 upgrade from the Ford website which took about 30 minutes. I put the files on my desktop to make sure I had the complete series and then placed them on a formatted USB. Make sure you format the USB or you will get a error code. After a trial and error period in getting the files put in the right place I uploaded the files into my BS using the USB port under the screen in the storage niche. This took less than an hour and worked great, just follow the steps to the letter. If a error code pops up during the upload write it down and look up the definition. All in all fairly simple but plan on a few hours from start to finish.
Sponsored