matienzo

Badlands
First Name
Quino
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 428, Bmw X3
UPDATE _ GREAT NEWS - Progressive (apparently read this thread) and after i sent a nasty email with 10 listing of used badlands for sale - increase the assessed value of my car by $10,000!!! This was the right thing to do in this case and I give them KUDOS for reading my email and acting on it.
AND my dealer owned up to the mistake and is refunding me $1600 AND my full extended warranty cost - which is also the right thing to do. So rarely we little people win one - but that's a W!

So I hate that i had a wreck but i actually made money AFTER driving the car for 25000 miles!No I can look for the identical replacement! Maybe CActus Gray?

So question - anybody out there who owns the 2.0 L engine which i had - would you buy a 1.5L? it just seems so small for this car.

Well - after 4 months of really enjoying this sweet little Bronco where we have traveled together 25000 ,iles all over this beautiful country ...
This is not a picture any of us like to see:
Ford Bronco Sport UPDATE!!! SAD - My sweet little loaded AREA 51 Badlands R.I.P. 1631131415392

It has met its destiny:
just after taking this beautiful sunset picture on a lonely Wyoming road on the way to Jackson Hole grand Teton mountains:
Ford Bronco Sport UPDATE!!! SAD - My sweet little loaded AREA 51 Badlands R.I.P. 1631154291875

We went hunting except - no rifle.
At 70 MPH we hit a mule deer that came out of nowhere - never saw it from my blind side!
Ford Bronco Sport UPDATE!!! SAD - My sweet little loaded AREA 51 Badlands R.I.P. 1631154053680

BOOM! the head/horns hit the notch on the hood. The main body hit the driver side headlight
Ford Bronco Sport UPDATE!!! SAD - My sweet little loaded AREA 51 Badlands R.I.P. 1631154618974

The deer flipped up and head almost came thru windshield onto my girlfriend's face. She's traumatized!
All airbags deployed (burnt my arm badly bythe way) - but we are alive.
Ford Bronco Sport UPDATE!!! SAD - My sweet little loaded AREA 51 Badlands R.I.P. 1631154591709
Ford Bronco Sport UPDATE!!! SAD - My sweet little loaded AREA 51 Badlands R.I.P. 1631154604046

Damage doesn't look so bad - but it it totaled (because repairs were up in the $20k)
I loved this car and probably will not be able to get another one like it for a while.
We were 50 miles away from civilization so we camped there until we got picked up the next day and luckily the only rental car available was a van and i could carry all my stuff.
A couple of lesson learned:
- I will stop driving in places like this at dusk or dawn when deer and moose like to come out. A FULL SIZE BRONCO hit an Elk and if you haven't seen that picture - it peeled back the whole front end over the passenger's head and luckily they are alive.
- BUY GAP INSURANCE! I'm going to lose about $4-5K because i didn't check a box on my loan for a few dollars extra a month. I bought many cars before and never buy it. because you don't think anything will happen like this. It pays the difference between what insurance pays you and loan balance.
Enjoy your Bronco Sport - had a blast with this one.
I'm currently fighting with both the dealer and insurance company (PROGRESSIVE) and if they don't do better - i will not recommend them!
- you cant find a used badland for less than $38k. I had everything on mine - so a similar one lists everywhere for $40-50k. The insurance co wants to give me $33k. If this was the opposite and the used cars where cheap - they would be giving me low dollar. It has to work both ways.
- i had bought the FORD extended warranty and was told it was refundable and transferable. Well they are taking $700 away from my refund. This makes no sense. The car was new, has 36000 of bumbper to bumper coverage and i had not reached that - so the EXTENDED warranty had not kicked in. this of course is really the salesperson commission which they want to keep - so be aware of that!
- I have detailed text conversation of my transaction with the dealer and because this was a demo - i got the "water package" for free. great. EXCEPT that it turns out that - although they never listed as an item the number on the loan paper is $1600 more than what we agreed 9 and that's the price of that package)
Stay tuned and I will update you - read the fine details!!! I was trusting because this people stayed late open for me - just the salesperson and finance lady - and they were the b=nicest people. But a mistake was made...
All sympathy is welcome!
Sponsored

Last edited:

Geelloo90042

Badlands
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport-Badlands
Sorry for the loss, but glad that you and others were ok and hopefully to recover. Thanks for the lessons learned and ? you can recoup your loss, like a big bend squatch Bronco. (My other dream bronco)

kman779

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Very unfortunate, but the seems to have held up pretty well given the circumstances. Best of luck fighting the bank, dealership, and insurance company.

RLader

Outer Banks
First Name
Royce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Well - after 4 months of really enjoying this sweet little Bronco where we have traveled together 25000 ,iles all over this beautiful country ...
Ford Bronco Sport UPDATE!!! SAD - My sweet little loaded AREA 51 Badlands R.I.P. 1631131415392

It has met its destiny:
just after taking this beautiful sunset picture on a lonely Wyoming road on the way to Jackson Hole grand Teton mountains:
Ford Bronco Sport UPDATE!!! SAD - My sweet little loaded AREA 51 Badlands R.I.P. 1631154291875

At 70 MPH we hit a mule deer that came out of nowhere - never saw it from my blind side!
Ford Bronco Sport UPDATE!!! SAD - My sweet little loaded AREA 51 Badlands R.I.P. 1631154053680

BOOM! the head/horns hit the notch on the hood. The main body hit the driver side headlight
Ford Bronco Sport UPDATE!!! SAD - My sweet little loaded AREA 51 Badlands R.I.P. 1631154618974

The deer flipped up and head almost came thru windshield onto my girlfriend's face. She's traumatized!
Ford Bronco Sport UPDATE!!! SAD - My sweet little loaded AREA 51 Badlands R.I.P. 1631154591709
Ford Bronco Sport UPDATE!!! SAD - My sweet little loaded AREA 51 Badlands R.I.P. 1631154604046

Damage doesn't look so bad - but it it totaled (because repairs were up in the $20k)
I loved this car and probably will not be able to get another one like it for a while.
We were 50 miles away from civilization so we camped there until we got picked up the next day and luckily the only rental car available was a van and i could carry all my stuff.
- I will stop driving in places like this at dusk or dawn when deer and moose like to come out. A FULL SIZE BRONCO hit an Elk and if you haven't seen that picture - it peeled back the whole front end over the passenger's head and luckily they are alive.
- BUY GAP INSURANCE! I'm going to lose about $4-5K because i didn't check a box on my loan for a few dollars extra a month. I bought many cars before and never buy it. because you don't think anything will happen like this. It pays the difference between what insurance pays you and loan balance.
I'm currently fighting with both the dealer and insurance company (PROGRESSIVE) and if they don't do better - i will not recommend them!
- you cant find a used badland for less than $38k. I had everything on mine - so a similar one lists everywhere for $40-50k. The insurance co wants to give me $33k. If this was the opposite and the used cars where cheap - they would be giving me low dollar. It has to work both ways.
- i had bought the FORD extended warranty and was told it was refundable and transferable. Well they are taking $700 away from my refund. This makes no sense. The car was new, has 36000 of bumbper to bumper coverage and i had not reached that - so the EXTENDED warranty had not kicked in. this of course is really the salesperson commission which they want to keep - so be aware of that!
- I have detailed text conversation of my transaction with the dealer and because this was a demo - i got the "water package" for free. great. EXCEPT that it turns out that - although they never listed as an item the number on the loan paper is $1600 more than what we agreed 9 and that's the price of that package)
Stay tuned and I will update you - read the fine details!!! I was trusting because this people stayed late open for me - just the salesperson and finance lady - and they were the b=nicest people. But a mistake was made...
All sympathy is welcome!
It takes 75% to 80% loss to total a vehicle. They have to base insurance on fair market value. Talk to them one time then tell them you are going to contact attorney. If they don't come around. Do it! "Been in a Wreak and Need a Check" will be glad to help. And ask about before and after.

The Shark

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS BL, 2023 Bronco WT
Man, that is terrible but as you said at least you are both alive, maybe battered some but alive. Most of the time I would say cars can always be replaced and of course they can but in the BS's case that is easier said than done. Good luck fighting the insurance company. :frown:

ChefDank

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport

It has met its destiny:

All sympathy is welcome!
Jeez.....at least your two are ok. But man that hurts bro.....I really hope you get a W on this but it will be tough ?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport

It has met its destiny:

All sympathy is welcome!
Very sorry to hear this and thankfully you are both OK and able to get home safely. Gap insurance is helpful but before checking a box on the loan, talk with your insurance company. Mine offered it for a few bucks...way cheaper than the bank and loan process. My agent suggested always talk to them before buying through a dealer. It's often more comprehensive and because the agency works with you already...they tend to help quicker vs a one time agreement with a bank.

OP
OP

matienzo

Badlands
First Name
Quino
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 428, Bmw X3
Thanks all - I was going to install the front bar/headlight combo but was going to look at little more into the "may interfere with front sensors" issue. It may have helped a little - possibly not totaled the vehicle! Funny is that EVERYBODY in Wyoming apparently has hit a deer or elk!

Dan.Bronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport outer banks
Thanks all - I was going to install the front bar/headlight combo but was going to look at little more into the "may interfere with front sensors" issue. It may have helped a little - possibly not totaled the vehicle! Funny is that EVERYBODY in Wyoming apparently has hit a deer or elk!
I am so sorry for your loss.

If/when you get a replacement. The RC nudge bar does not interfere with my sensors I have 4 3” square pod lights on it and my 360+ Works fine.

However looking at your damage it offers no protection to the headlights/windshield especially in a situation like this, maybe for a smaller animal/debris so I wouldn’t beat yourself up over not having one installed.

Good luck on getting some more from your insurance and I hope you find a real steal of a replacement.

TheDude

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Outer Banks, 2019 Mustang GT
Wow that really sucks. Insurance is always a pain to deal with. They always low ball from the get go. Glad it worked out and they increased the value.

As far as the 2.0 and 1.5L question...... I have a 1.5 and its got plenty of pick up, but coming from a 2.0 you'd defiantly notice the difference. For city driving which is what my wife and I mostly do 1.5 is plenty, but if it were mostly highway 2.0 is a benefit.

brockdog12

Outer Banks
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I had a 2019 Ranger before the BS and even though it was a Ranger, I miss the Ranger power stepping to the 1.5L. I feel Ford should place at least the 2.0L in all BS models.

Benanza

Outer Banks
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Totally sucks, but glad it all worked out for you, best of luck on finding a replacement

ZeroCool

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Bro if there giving you 40k there’s big Broncos selling for 38k here in ohio.
if you’re getting a Sport and can’t find a Badlands, I’d consider the 1.5 if that was my only option. Probably would just drive in sport mode all the time lol.

Wyo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport BL, 1968 Bronco, 2018 Expy
Ugh sorry about your BS. As a Wyomingite, we all know to always be alert for deer (and bigger). The risk just increases from dusk on. You'll see a lot of us drop our speed significantly in the higher risk areas at that time. 70 down to 55 or so. They always say you don't become a true Wyomingite until you've hit a big game animal. Did that already close to home with my 2000 Ford Focus ZX3 which survived with just a new headlight and a little glue to the bumper. Still going fine years later with 213K miles on it.

Glad to hear everyone is ok (at least ok with what happened). Hope you can get another BS sooner than you think. Loving my BS BL after 8K and 8 months.
Sponsored