Update: Maybe not...Maybe (Got this for my OB and I LOVE IT! Wireless CarPlay Adapter)

Mlarv

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My CarPlay use is mostly for Waze. If my phone is not Plugged in (i.e., using the battery) when using Waze, the battery runs down very quickly. It seems, at least for me I would need both wireless charging and wireless CarPlay to be viable.
You would also need a fan to keep your phone from overheating.
Sponsored

OP
OP
I'm over here

I'm over here

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
My CarPlay use is mostly for Waze. If my phone is not Plugged in (i.e., using the battery) when using Waze, the battery runs down very quickly. It seems, at least for me I would need both wireless charging and wireless CarPlay to be viable.
My OB has a wireless charging pad. However, if I'm using Google maps for long, the charging pad can't charge fast enough to replace the power lost to maps. If I really need the battery to last, I plug my phone in via cord into the usb inside the armrest. There's even a little divot where the cord fits through the armrest so the armrest still closes with the power cord coming out. So I'm using: a direct charge to the phone; the phone is bluetoothing to the Wireless CarPlay Adapter; and the adapter is plugged in to the usb in the front cubby area. If you reach back on the right inside the cubby area, there's little shelf where you can put the CarPlay.

For the most part, this continues to be a great addition to my OB. I would say that now it's works fine about 95% of the time with only about 5% hickups.

OP
OP
I'm over here

I'm over here

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
You would also need a fan to keep your phone from overheating.
I have not needed a fan. My setup (see in comment above) worked for me cross-country, to Canada, and return road trip.

Mlarv

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have not needed a fan. My setup (see in comment above) worked for me cross-country, to Canada, and return road trip.
I didn’t realize this wireless chargers where the old style, not the fast charge. I knew the USB was because that is what I use when needed.
Sponsored