KodiakMomCrawler

Outer Banks
First Name
Maria
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Outer Banks, 2021 Ranger Tremor
I live in Jersey as well, but frequent northern Vermont in Jan Feb . I went with the Cooper discoverer at3 4s in 235 17 65. Perfect for my needs as going to the cabin in vt, can get really slammed in the winter.
I’m going to check those out. Glad they work out well for you in the winter! I can only imagine the snow in VT!
Sponsored

ZeroCool

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
So I’m gonna make a call about tires today but can anybody tell me why when I Google my original tire size for the K02s it doesn’t have the white lettering, but the other sizes that are bigger do have the white lettering ? I was going to stick to my original size but it appears that the 225 65 R17 doesn’t have it

OP
OP
KodiakMomCrawler

KodiakMomCrawler

Outer Banks
First Name
Maria
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So I’m gonna make a call about tires today but can anybody tell me why when I Google my original tire size for the K02s it doesn’t have the white lettering, but the other sizes that are bigger do have the white lettering ? I was going to stick to my original size but it appears that the 225 65 R17 doesn’t have it
They could have 2 sides - the ones I’m getting you can either put it white walls out or the black side. Some pictures only show mine with the black side, but it does have both. Ask your tire place if they have the white walls too.

CrashBend

Outer Banks
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee / Bronco Sport Outer Banks
Those are cool looking tires! Definitely good to know too. I'm surprised the 255 works, but I guess with the 55 brings it down a little. When you get a chance, can you take a pic of them on your vehicle? I appreciate it!
I'm not sure if I want to go to 255 - I was planning on only getting 235, but I will look into them. Thank you for the feedback!
You will do fine with a 235 and the 235 60 might fit Going down to the 55 from 60 is why the 255 fit. It is close at about an inch. I wanted as wide of a footprint as I could get. Even with a lift kit I could not go bigger unless I change the offset and move the wheel & tire out. I would like a mild lift for a little better ground clearance.

OP
OP
KodiakMomCrawler

KodiakMomCrawler

Outer Banks
First Name
Maria
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@ZeroCool so I’m doing my tires right now and asked to see them before installing.. no white letters!!! After speaking with the guy and going through the system, they don’t offer any white walls for my wheel size! This was a big deciding factor for me in getting the BFG’s, but I decided to get them regardless. So I guess I was wrong in that last post - they all don’t come with white walls on the other side. He said they mainly offer them for “truck” tires. The 18” wheel doesn’t help with this, maybe if I had the 17” wheels, but it is what it is. I like my wheels right now. I do like the look of these tires even though they don’t have the white lettering.

Ford Bronco Sport UPDATE: Help me decide on New A/T's for my Outer Banks D70C26FD-DE96-42DB-84DD-31E30CD910B3
Ford Bronco Sport UPDATE: Help me decide on New A/T's for my Outer Banks 8E384D5E-3A1A-4CC4-A4E7-04149D09C651
Ford Bronco Sport UPDATE: Help me decide on New A/T's for my Outer Banks 504E3752-893A-4BBD-B401-796442A3D2ED

ZeroCool

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
@ZeroCool so I’m doing my tires right now and asked to see them before installing.. no white letters!!! After speaking with the guy and going through the system, they don’t offer any white walls for my wheel size! This was a big deciding factor for me in getting the BFG’s, but I decided to get them regardless. So I guess I was wrong in that last post - they all don’t come with white walls on the other side. He said they mainly offer them for “truck” tires. The 18” wheel doesn’t help with this, maybe if I had the 17” wheels, but it is what it is. I like my wheels right now. I do like the look of these tires even though they don’t have the white lettering.

Ford Bronco Sport UPDATE: Help me decide on New A/T's for my Outer Banks D70C26FD-DE96-42DB-84DD-31E30CD910B3
Ford Bronco Sport UPDATE: Help me decide on New A/T's for my Outer Banks 8E384D5E-3A1A-4CC4-A4E7-04149D09C651
Ford Bronco Sport UPDATE: Help me decide on New A/T's for my Outer Banks 504E3752-893A-4BBD-B401-796442A3D2ED
Hey what’s up and congratulations I’m still bouncing between those and the Toyos because the Toyos are a lighter tire and those are a little heavier and the Toyos are a little cheaper LOL I think both tires look awesome yeah I called the tire place and asked about the white lettering and they told me the same thing but I wasn’t gonna come back and tell you that on the forum :)
And I’m gonna include a link for tire paint you can make your own white letters! I’m probably gonna do something similar.
https://www.amazon.com/Tire-Ink-Permanent-Waterproof-Carwash/dp/B071DT5CF4/ref=asc_df_B071DT5CF4/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=312168126179&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=2326922592305933348&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=m&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=1023657&hvtargid=pla-573856527532&psc=1

OP
OP
KodiakMomCrawler

KodiakMomCrawler

Outer Banks
First Name
Maria
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hey what’s up and congratulations I’m still bouncing between those and the Toyos because the Toyos are a lighter tire and those are a little heavier and the Toyos are a little cheaper LOL I think both tires look awesome yeah I called the tire place and asked about the white lettering and they told me the same thing but I wasn’t gonna come back and tell you that on the forum :)
And I’m gonna include a link for tire paint you can make your own white letters! I’m probably gonna do something similar.
https://www.amazon.com/Tire-Ink-Permanent-Waterproof-Carwash/dp/B071DT5CF4/ref=asc_df_B071DT5CF4/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=312168126179&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=2326922592305933348&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=m&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=1023657&hvtargid=pla-573856527532&psc=1
You are too kind - You could’ve told me I was incorrect haha! I read that article you sent as I was sitting here - it seems like either choice is a great choice. The weight of the tire was one of the deciding factors for me with my selection too. Let me know on what you decide to go with.
Also- I was just looking up white lettering on google and I saw you can paint them too!! I am definitely going to look into it. We’ll get our white lettering one way or another lol

ZeroCool

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
You are too kind - You could’ve told me I was incorrect haha! I read that article you sent as I was sitting here - it seems like either choice is a great choice. The weight of the tire was one of the deciding factors for me with my selection too. Let me know on what you decide to go with.
Also- I was just looking up white lettering on google and I saw you can paint them too!! I am definitely going to look into it. We’ll get our white lettering one way or another lol
We’ll I called one place and they could have been wrong what do I know? Lol I agree both tires seem great. My car guy here is an authorized Toyo dealer so maybe I’ll get a deal lol can’t get white on the Toyo either so I’ll be painting. I’m actually thinking of yellow lettering since I changed my bronco lettering to black and yellow to match the badlands badge, so I may just keep with that and do yellow lettering on the tires. I think it could look cool.
Yes we will get our white lettering!

Ford Bronco Sport UPDATE: Help me decide on New A/T's for my Outer Banks 656D2516-16E5-42B9-8746-A22E52959B91

OP
OP
KodiakMomCrawler

KodiakMomCrawler

Outer Banks
First Name
Maria
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
We’ll I called one place and they could have been wrong what do I know? Lol I agree both tires seem great. My car guy here is an authorized Toyo dealer so maybe I’ll get a deal lol can’t get white on the Toyo either so I’ll be painting. I’m actually thinking of yellow lettering since I changed my bronco lettering to black and yellow to match the badlands badge, so I may just keep with that and do yellow lettering on the tires. I think it could look cool.
Yes we will get our white lettering!

Ford Bronco Sport UPDATE: Help me decide on New A/T's for my Outer Banks 656D2516-16E5-42B9-8746-A22E52959B91
Haha!
The yellow would be cool. I like all the yellow accents with your BS color. And a deal off the Toyos is definitely a bonus!

OP
OP
KodiakMomCrawler

KodiakMomCrawler

Outer Banks
First Name
Maria
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
And I’ll admit the bfg look meaner. I’m willing to accept that lol.
They are both aggressive looking! Whichever you choose is going to look great.

Coming soon…. (In the movie announcer guy’s voice) The new upset about tires not having white lettering thread !
OMG the next hot topic! :cwl: