Unusual activation of Brake Assist Warning and proximity alert.

rjs0962

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport-Badlands, BMW330i, Subaru Forester
As of this note there have been two activations of the Brake Assist Warning, and one of a proximity (blind spot) alert that seem to have been errant in the last two days. I've driven my BS BL with 360+ for 3444 mi with no previous alerts--and haven't changed the settings since I adjusted them the day I brought my BSBL home. (To the point I was wondering if it was active/functioning.) I've booked an appointment with my dealer (Packey Webb Ford, Downers Grove, IL) but given the critical nature of the 360+ system, I thought I'd post here too.
Sponsored

Blue oval fan

Big Bend
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Sport
What were the circumstances of each event? My proximity warning will go off prematurely (i think so anyways) when there is a car turning right onto another road in front of me. I give them space but the thing will sometimes still flash red and give an audible tone. Even my wife who is a sensible Susan when she drives has had it activate. The Bronco seems to be better but sometimes driving close to a wall or barrier on a road will trip the blind spot system. My old Escape what terrible with this. Good luck at the dealer, I wouldn't expect them to find anything.

OP
OP
rjs0962

rjs0962

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport-Badlands, BMW330i, Subaru Forester
Did that suddenly occur, or did that happen from "day 1"?
Sponsored