Universal Garage Door Opener

bjbena

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape SEL. EcoSport SES
I've noticed that 2022 BS has an option for Universal Garage Door Opener (UGDO). Would it be possible to just get a visor with UGDO and swap it out on 2021 models?
That's assuming the UGDO will be implemented in the visor ...problem is that is unconfirmed. Myself and a few other members scoured the parts listing for 2022, including sun visors, rear view mirrors, and there is no mention of the UGDO anywhere. All parts, as far as I see, are the same ones as of 2020.
Sponsored

dsirka

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
That's assuming the UGDO will be implemented in the visor ...problem is that is unconfirmed. Myself and a few other members scoured the parts listing for 2022, including sun visors, rear view mirrors, and there is no mention of the UGDO anywhere. All parts, as far as I see, are the same ones as of 2020.
It's already on the Ford website, included with the Premium package on Badland.
If you try to place an order, the list was updated with 2022 models. FE was removed.

Ford Bronco Sport Universal Garage Door Opener Screen Shot 2021-11-02 at 6.50.33 PM
Ford Bronco Sport Universal Garage Door Opener Screen Shot 2021-11-02 at 6.51.23 PM

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
If you try to place an order, the list was updated with 2022 models. FE was removed.

Ford Bronco Sport Universal Garage Door Opener Screen Shot 2021-11-02 at 6.50.33 PM
Ford Bronco Sport Universal Garage Door Opener Screen Shot 2021-11-02 at 6.51.23 PM
We know that it is offered, we are trying to figure out where they are putting it.

edit: didn’t see your pictures. Thanks,

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr

They must have updated the build and price. The 360 didn’t show it last week. Or at least we didn’t see it.

Thanks for posting! Looks like a easy add on.

dsirka

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
They must have update the build and price. The 360 didn’t show it last week. Or at least we didn’t see it.

Thanks for posting! Looks like a easy add on.
Ford forgot to update previous page, still showing 2021, but if you click on "build & price" it does show 2022.

bjbena

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape SEL. EcoSport SES
Ford forgot to update previous page, still showing 2021, but if you click on "build & price" it does show 2022.
Nice!! Now hopefully the actual part number gets populated into their parts databases.

Whitenight

Badlands
First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport 2022 Maverick Lariat Deluxe
I've noticed that 2022 BS has an option for Universal Garage Door Opener (UGDO). Would it be possible to just get a visor with UGDO and swap it out on 2021 models?
The wiring is already in place to be able to add the UGDO since the power is there for the lights in the mirror. Providing the the mount is the same on the 2022MY, you should be able to just swap them (once the parts are available). Already inquired from my dealer, but they don't have the part number for it yet, but he did confirm that you can do it provided they didn't change the mount.

Last edited:

PhinG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I really debated starting a new thread or re-igniting this thread. obviously I decided on the re-ignite option.

So I got my BS FE yesterday, knowing full well that there was not option for GDO. The Dealer says they can replace the visor with one that has a GDO, but they want $835. A bit outrageous.

Since this thread has been idle for a while, what are others doing for GDO.
I have 3 remotes I use almost daily and another I use occasionally (3 of which I have no control over, so things like using my phone was not an option). I had been keeping them in the little tray below the screen because I didn't like all of them on my sun visor. I picked up this little remote replicator for $20 and it works just like the homelink in our other vehicle. This is a lot less than buying an escape sun visor or a homelink module to install myself. It is so small, I'm debating if I should velcro it to the underside of the tray.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07M6Y2BX4

There are a bunch of listings for essentially the same remote. I ordered a brown one, but a light gray came instead. It is not worth the hassle to me to change that.

To do the infomercial, I went from this :explode:
Ford Bronco Sport Universal Garage Door Opener 20220104_151458

to this :like:
Ford Bronco Sport Universal Garage Door Opener 20220104_151530
Sponsored