Badlands
First Name
Dianna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting for a badlands!
Hello!
I am waiting for my bronco sport to come in and I’m starting to consider what I need to do once it arrives. Everyone in my family has under coated their trucks to prevent rusting. We live in northeast Ohio and the road crews are very generous with the salt- I drive around 80 miles 5 days a week - mostly freeway.
I did not undercoat my current car and after 233k miles and am using duct tape to fix the rust spots. At least I found matching duct tape. :)

I am curious on your opinion of undercoating a bronco sport and if anybody has done it.
Sponsored

Adam06

Big Bend
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport big bend
Hello!
I am waiting for my bronco sport to come in and I’m starting to consider what I need to do once it arrives. Everyone in my family has under coated their trucks to prevent rusting. We live in northeast Ohio and the road crews are very generous with the salt- I drive around 80 miles 5 days a week - mostly freeway.
I did not undercoat my current car and after 233k miles and am using duct tape to fix the rust spots. At least I found matching duct tape. :)

I am curious on your opinion of undercoating a bronco sport and if anybody has done it.
Nhou oil coating it’s the best and diy friendly

gman62

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Outer Banks Edition
You really planning on keeping your BS for 233K miles?

Pinski66

Badlands
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger,
Hi, Im in Cleveland area. I took my ranger to krown rustproofing. They have locations in Painesville and Canfield. I plan on taking the Wife's bronco sport there too. It cost around 150.00 and they recommend it gets applied annually. Fluid Film has a good reputation too.

PonyDriver43

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mustang EB Premium, 13 F150 Lariat, 18 Tahoe
There is a MotorTrend (I think) review referenced in one of the “leak” threads that says the BS has some “hidden” drains for the interior.
You may want to check this out before applying an undercoat material all over the undercarriage of your BS.

Last edited:

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
OP
OP
Dianna

Dianna

Badlands
First Name
Dianna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting for a badlands!
You really planning on keeping your BS for 233K miles?
I believe in driving until it dies, so if it goes that long- yep!!

RSH

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
The corrosion warranty is 5 years unlimited miles, If you are going to keep the BS over 5 years it maybe worth it to add the protection but it needs to be applied by someone that knows what they are doing, I've see rust proofed vehicles rust out. As mentioned the BS body has various drain holes and if plugged could lead to rust in other areas.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
All vehicles have drain holes typically in doors, rear hatch, rocker panels etc. So if those holes get clogged by someone spraying a bunch of gunk on there moisture cannot get out and it becomes a fish bowl rusting from the inside out. Then by the time you see a tiny spec of rust too late it all rusted on the inside.

OP
OP
Dianna

Dianna

Badlands
First Name
Dianna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting for a badlands!
There is a MotorTrend (I think) review referenced in one of the “leak” threads that says the BS has some “hidden” drains for the interior.
You may want to check this out before applying an undercoat material all over the undercarriage of your BS.
Thanks! I appreciate the info. Will definitely look into it!

OP
OP
Dianna

Dianna

Badlands
First Name
Dianna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting for a badlands!
All vehicles have drain holes typically in doors, rear hatch, rocker panels etc. So if those holes get clogged by someone spraying a bunch of gunk on there moisture cannot get out and it becomes a fish bowl rusting from the inside out. Then by the time you see a tiny spec of rust too late it all rusted on the inside.
Thanks for the tip. I know on my brothers they patched holes, sprayed, then removed patches. I’ll do a little more digging before going for it.

OP
OP
Dianna

Dianna

Badlands
First Name
Dianna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting for a badlands!

tRex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
The corrosion warranty is 5 years unlimited miles, If you are going to keep the BS over 5 years it maybe worth it to add the protection but it needs to be applied by someone that knows what they are doing, I've see rust proofed vehicles rust out. As mentioned the BS body has various drain holes and if plugged could lead to rust in other areas.
That's a PERFORATION (rust-through) warranty. Surface rust inside or out, or due to damage exposure, is not covered.

RLader

Outer Banks
First Name
Royce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Recently read wheel wells are fabric. How does that work with undercoating?
Sponsored