ChefDank

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
So I finally received my hitch and can't wait to install it this weekend. In anticipation I watched the uhaul video since they are installing the same hitch as I purchased. ? in the video before "fishing" the carriage bolt and spacer they use a step bit to open up the hole on the frame to make it easier. But then they don't use POR15 or some kind of treatment on the raw exposed metal on the frame. As you can see in the instructions they don't ask for that step. I really think this will cause corrosion or some other kind of issues down the road. If you got your hitch done at Uhaul I would take a look.

Ford Bronco Sport Uhaul installation is sketchy IMO 20210730_140512
Sponsored

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I watched that a video a month ago and thought the same thing. Butcher work , you have to coat the bare metal. I would not use them. How long does it take to spray some rust proofing?

OP
OP
ChefDank

ChefDank

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
I watched that a video a month ago and thought the same thing. Butcher work , you have to coat the bare metal. I would not use them. How long does it take to spray some rust proofing?
POR15 cures in a day or two I believe. I have a can at home; I used on the frame of my 7.3powerstroke. I'm going to put the hitch on tomorrow without drilling out the holes bigger on the frame and will post pics.

Ford Bronco Sport Uhaul installation is sketchy IMO 20210730_135848

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
When he egged out the hole metal bits dropped into frame rail. So now metal bits gonna lay on bottom of frame rail and rust.
Sponsored